Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Used Ridgid TS3650 - what is a good/fair price?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Used Ridgid TS3650 - what is a good/fair price?

That would be the 3660. Only the packaging and leg set changed.

The TS3660 was replaced by the R4511, and its granite wings were a LOT heavier than the iron ones. Smaller though.

The R4511 was replaced by the R4512 and I lost interest after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadster280 View Post
      That would be the 3660. Only the packaging and leg set changed.

The TS3660 was replaced by the R4511, and its granite wings were a LOT heavier than the iron ones. Smaller though.

The R4511 was replaced by the R4512 and I lost interest after that.
      Nope. Not talking about those either. I'm talking about the Hybrid saw that they have now. Geez, the Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by Abbott View Post
        Nope. Not talking about those either. I'm talking about the Hybrid saw that they have now. Geez, the Internet...
        unless i'm mistaken, roadster's recap is accurate. the 4512 is the hybrid 10" stationary table saw presently being offerred by ridgid.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
          unless i'm mistaken, roadster's recap is accurate. the 4512 is the hybrid 10" stationary table saw presently being offerred by ridgid.
          That's correct...the R4512 made by Dayton is the last iteration in the Ridgid line of stationary saws at this point, and is the model with the stamped steel wings...the first with stamped steel since the TS2412 introduced in 1997, vs solid granite, solid cast iron, and grated cast iron of the previous several Ridgid saws....it is too bad they opted for a downgrade without the option of getting solid wings too. I think a lot of folks would have been willing to pay roughly an additional $100 or so for the option of solid cast iron.

They've been close on several occasions but always seem to come up one or two features short of an ideal affordable home duty saw. One of these days they'll get it completely right, but they're going to have to stop letting the bean counters make the final decision!

Last edited by hewood; 09-20-2011, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadster280 View Post
            .................The R4511 was replaced by the R4512 and I lost interest after that.
            +1
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
              LOL! It's the Internet confusing as to what my meaning was in my ORIGINAL post to this thread. I have spent the last couple of posts NOT denying anything else that was posted here. I stand by my original thoughts on the subject that the Hybrids saws with the stamped metal wings are inferior to a saw with cast wings, That's it, that is ALL I have been commenting on.
              Last edited by Abbott; 09-20-2011, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Has everyone forgotten about the Arbor Problems!

Jeff (OTB)
                Here's a couple of links that explain the problems with the arbors on some 3650 saws .

https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t2353/

https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t10688/

Comment

Working...
                X