X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You wanted one, here it is: JP0610 Mobile Base

Since we are under a severe ice storm, no work today again. But my co worked called and said to bring the steel on over and he could do the welding today. So I loaded it up and away I went. Spent the rest of the day painting and assembling.

So without further adue: My JP0610 Mobile Base.

This is the Front View (Jake, need a Ridgid Sticker to put on it!)

This is the Back View

The back casters and levelers are well past the base, but doesn't stick out past the upper top heavy cast iron. It is no longer a "TIPPY" demon.

In the front, only space that was added was for the mobile base itself. So there is no ankle grabbers or toe catchers. When leveling, I set the front levelers first, and parallel to the base so they don't stick out, then level the back.

A close up view of the levelers. The threaded rod passes through the caster mount. A nut welded under the mount holds the machines weight, while the upper welded nut holds the leveler shaft in place. The rubber levelers that came with the machine was used to bolt the JP base to the mobile base.

The JP base clears the mobile base on all sides so there is no ware on either unit. The only thing that touches the JP base is the washers on the origanal leveling feet, as it was origanlly.

Now it is easy to move it from it's stored location, to anywhere in the shop I want to use it. I can even run it out on the slopped concrete approach, and with the length of the individual leveler shafts, I can get it perfectly level. Uneven floor, no problem. And the added weight of the angle iron used for the mobile base helped off set the top heavyness. (Still need that Ridgid sticker for the front of the mobile base Jake.)

It turned out better than I had planned (once in a lifetime occasion) and the color really makes it like it almost belongs there.
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Looks great! Where do I place my order?
    Patrick

Comment

John

That is a great looking base. Hope that Jake and company take a hard look at it. Since many of the people who purchase RIGID WW tools are using them at home, mobility is almost a must.
      Support Our Troops!
      www.mnpatriotguard.org
      www.patriotguard.org

Comment

Well thought out design and well put together.
        I'm also jealous of the shop. It's going to take years to get to that stage, and I'm going to have to come up with some good stories for my fiance.

Comment

Well done! What did that little baby set you back in $$$? I am pondering some sort of mobility setup for my JP0610.
          Steve

Comment

Creature, You have a private message.

Steve, I picked the angle and threaded rod out of scrap piles off job sites. I have less than 20 bucks in it for hardware and accessories.
            John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

UO_Woody,

Nice job. Where can I get the plans?
              Andy B.

Comment

Andy, you have a private message.

Comment

Patrick, You have a private message.

Comment

UO_Woody. I would also be interested in acquiring plans for your great design. Would that be possible?

thank you...

Comment

Woody,

Drop me an email with some of those pictures. Please send them as big as you may have them. Id like to take a look at that.

Jake

Comment

Yea, that is some nice looking work and a well thought out design. Since my Jointer isn't on wheels yet, I'd be interested in knowing what the measurements are.

Comment

I'm working on the plans in Delta CAD, but I'm still real green with the whole CAD thing, so it's going to take a few nights to get it all together. This would have been a great project to have the wife taking photo's of the step by step process. But, our new son has to come first.

For those interested in the plans, please send me an Email ( woody@woodys-workshop.com ) so I can make a email file of who is interested. Thank you.

Jake, the photos posted above is all I took so far, but I'll take some more later today and get them mailed out to you tonight so you'll have them tomarrow. My Digital Cam is old, maybe 1 meg pix is all. Enlarging the photo's really messes up the quality, sorry.

Comment

Woody, What size angle Iron Will I need? And I need a set plans.
                            Andy B.

Comment

Woody
                              How did you make the leveling legs?
                              I guess you used threaded stock but what are the feet?
                              Thanks
                              Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X