X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4512 lift problem

I have recently purchased the R4512 table saw. So far I love the saw. Huge improvement over my old craftsman. The one problem I am having is the lift. I can not get it to work correctly. When I try to raise the saw for moving, it will not raise up in the front. I have to "pull" it up on the wheels. Then with the slightest movement, it drops back down. Sometimes just the weight of the saw will cause it to drop. I took the lift apart three times to make sure I followed the assembly instruction correctly. Has anyone else had these problems? If so, how did you fix it?

Re: R4512 lift problem

You may of gotten a misassembled lift system from the factory. Has happened to many. It is a relatively simple fix. I believe it just requires flipping the shaft 180ยบ on the foot pedal. I remember reading it on one or more posts but didn't have to employ the fix because mine was assembled correctly. Maybe a search on the 4512 will get to the correct thread or, more than likely, someone who actually had to do it will chime in.

Comment

Did you ever resolve this problem? I have the exact same issue and its driving me nuts.

Comment

I also had that problem when installing wheels, I found out had had installed them upside down, so I removed all the casters and mounted each axle to the saw, then mounted the casters and the connecting rod. Worked perfectly. When you do it that way, it's pretty hard to get them installed incorrectly.

Comment

I purchased my R4512 a couple months ago and noticed that one side had been assemebled backwards from the factory... couple minutes of teardown and reassembling and the work great... good luck

Comment

Working...
          X