X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 29302 Router Combo

I have a 29302 Combo kit and I am looking for a Router mounting plate for mounting in a table. Does Rigid offer such a plate? If not what plate will fit the holes on the 29302?

Re: 29302 Router Combo

Ridgid does not offer mounting plates as far as I know. I bought my router table and a matching mounting plate from Rockler (Rockler.com). I don't have the paperwork at hand, but I believe the R29302 mounting is the same as the Porter-Cable 690 series. The Ridgid router also takes the Porter-Cable edge guide and one of the two-bases is machined to use the Porter-Cable style guide bushings. The former I bought at Home Depot and the latter at Lee-Valley (Leevalley.com)

With regard to the mounting plate, I believe that Rockler now lists the Ridgid R2930-models in it's selection guide for mounting plates. The aluminum plates are around $50 - $60, as I recall.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

+1 on CWS's advice. Although the Ridgid router isn't an extremely heavy one weight wise, the aluminum inserts are IMO a much better choice. The less expensive phenolic inserts have more of a chance of sagging due to the weight of the router.
      Last edited by BadgerDave; 10-04-2011, 11:12 AM.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Does Ridgid even make this Router anymore? I can't find it anywhere. Home Depot doesn't seem to carry it and it's not on the ridgid.com site anymore.

Comment

John,

I was in one of my local HD stores (Binghamton, NY area) just a couple of weeks ago and they still had the unit. Here is a link to the web page (it's still there, as I just got this link: 2 Peak HP Fixed Base Router Kit - RIDGID Professional Tools )

I have the original model, which was a 2-base combo. I primarily use it in my router table though. Not as powerful as some, but I like it's features. Unfortunately, the current model is only the fixed base. I'm not sure what features it has with the original though. On mine, it came with both 1/4 and 1/2 inch collets, LED lighted base, above table height adjustment via the included "T-handle". For "in-hand" use this Ridgid model is a little tall, comparitively and on the plunge base the lock lever was a bit of a stretch to use for me.

The one negative that I have with mine is the magnesium housing on the motor assembly, as it oxidizes terribly. I've tried wax, WD40, and a light lubricant and it still oxidizes. But so far, it has not done so enough to any detriment to the height adjustment.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Thanks. I just bought a Bench Dog ProMax attachment for my Ridgid 3650 table saw and was looking for a good router. The 29302 had good reviews over the years. Sorry to see it may be discontinued. In any event I bought a Porter Cable 892 instead. Should meet my needs.

Comment

Working...
            X