Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entertainment Center Project

Hello everyone,

I am now the proud owner of a Rigid the 2424
    and like most husbands I have to make somthing to justify the purchase to herself.

I'm considering making an entertainment center which I will design myself to fit current and planned electronics. I've seen many expensive units in stores and have watched Norm - my master - build one.

Have you guys built such a projct? If so, did you work from plans, pictures, examples, etc.

Any input would be appreciated, expecially things to watch out for...

Thanks in advance...

Joe

Joe
    An entertainment center was one of the first projects that I built after purchasing my TS2424. I looked at a lot of models in person and on the internet to come up with ideas. One thing that I did was to make a recessed back panel of about 1.5 inches. That allows you to push the cabinet flush with the wall and have all your wires hidden.

Good sawing
    JB

Comment

I am facing the same dilema. There is one that I like at www.plansnow.com. A person that I work with said their plans are really well laid out and detailed. I think I would modify the unit a bit to make it larger, but it is a good start.
      Mark

Comment

I am in the process of building an entertainment center as we speak.

I found some great plans for entertainment centers at www.the3house.com/plans and the best part is that they are free.

I modified about 3 plans to create this unit. The center unit is done and I am now working on the 2 side pieces.

This is not a difficult project to make.

Lisa

Comment

JB, Mark, Lisa

Thanks for the suggestions and the links. Will investigate the two sites.

Joe

Comment

Working...
          X