X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air-dried lumber

I recently purchased some air dried lumber, and I was curious what mositure content is okay to start using the wood. I always thought 12 but when i purchased a water mositure meter, the guy at woodcraft said 6-8 is that even possible air drying?? by the way i live in wisconsin

6-8 is correct if you want to make fine woodworking projects for indoors. I don't believe you can get that result by air drying it. You can keep it in a warm dry room where it won't get in the way and wait a few weeks or more until it drops to no more than 8. I read somewhere that you can keep in under your bed (unless your room is in the basement) as long as you have is 2 inches off the floor....
    Are you Rapture ready? Know Jesus Christ or know his enemy!

Comment

I live in southern ontario (home of humidity) and stacked some pine lumber in the garage about 6 months ago. When I put it in the MC was 12%, I checked the other day and it is a 8%. Expect it would go lower during the winter months.

Comment

I just did over 3500 bf of white pine - how long should I wait before I use it to build a deck? (It must be painted with a water resistant paint)

I live in the Ottawa Ontario region!

Comment

Originally posted by miclabelle:
          I just did over 3500 bf of white pine - how long should I wait before I use it to build a deck? (It must be painted with a water resistant paint)

I live in the Ottawa Ontario region!
          Checkout this link...I think it may help!
          http://www.ca.uky.edu/agc/pubs/for/for55/for55.htm
          Are you Rapture ready? Know Jesus Christ or know his enemy!

Comment

Many thanks to "manhusbandfather" for the link. I have printed it out and will be placed in my shop.

Comment

Working...
            X