X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPM

Jake: Thought you might be interested in this data on tool speeds: MS1250-1: Spec: 4000; measured: 3530; TS2424: Spec: 3450; measured: 3178. Measurements were made using a TIF780 IR Phototachometer, certified to be within the greater of 1% or 1RPM. The TS is running on 110.

Rgad,

The TS2424 spec is 3200 RPM at the blade so it is within spec (which is usually +/- 100 RPM). I'm a bit surprised at the number from the MS1290. I would hold the saw wide open for a couple minutes and recheck the RPMs, it may be the brushes need to be run in a bit (especially if you have been doing a lot of cutting).

Jake

Comment

Most of the work on the MS is short starts and stops, so I'll try letting it run no load for a bit in a couple of days.

I'm not saying that the MS isn't doing a beautiful job making cuts; I just thought the data was interesting.

I also think the advent of tachometer technology is interesting; a far cry from the ols strobes that weren't very accurate (and were hard to set with any precision) and left you seeing spots for an hour.

Comment

Working...
      X