X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Figuring Compound Miter angles

Here's a quick article I found on finding compound angles for use on a miter saw. Get out your scientific calculators on this one!
    http://home.att.net/~waterfront-wood...oundangles.htm

Jake

Jake,

I saw that you helped a guy in a prior post get a retrofit for his mitre saw that helped keep it at 90 degrees. I have noticed the same problem with my saw. Sorry to mooch off of his success with you guys but can I get that same fix?

Larry

Comment

Jake,
      In regard to the crown molding example in the link above: Wouldn't you be able to accomplish the proper cuts by using Crown Stops on your miter saw? I have never used them but the way I understand them to work is that the stops hold your crown molding on your saw's table the way it will be mounted on the wall. I have a set of DeWalt crown stops (designed for their saw) that fits perfectly in the accessory mounting holes on my MS1250 Miter Saw. Crown moldings are on my project list and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the use of crown stops and might be willing to shed a little light on the subject. Thanks - Tim
      - Tim

Comment

Sure you can do the molding standing up using a crown molding jig. The DeWalt jig will fit, or in the instructions included with the MS1250 and the MS1050, it tells you how you can build your own jig. When the molding is set at an angle you leave the bevel setting at 0ยบ and just move the miter. The disadvantages to cutting crown this way are: 1. Some moldings may be too big and have to be cut flat and 2. It is easier to hold the molding while its being cut when it is lying flat.

Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Pavuk:
          Jake,
          In regard to the crown molding example in the link above: Wouldn't you be able to accomplish the proper cuts by using Crown Stops on your miter saw? I have never used them but the way I understand them to work is that the stops hold your crown molding on your saw's table the way it will be mounted on the wall. I have a set of DeWalt crown stops (designed for their saw) that fits perfectly in the accessory mounting holes on my MS1250 Miter Saw. Crown moldings are on my project list and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the use of crown stops and might be willing to shed a little light on the subject. Thanks - Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Bren127:
            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Tim Pavuk:
            Jake,
            </font>[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Bren127:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bren127:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Tim Pavuk:
              Jake,
              </font>[/QUOTE]</font>[/QUOTE]Hey Tim I have the same Model (MS1250) you mentioned Crown stops from DeWalt I went to their website but they have a few different Crown Stops....which model crown stop fits the MS1250

Comment

Working...
              X