warranty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warranty

I wanted to know what others thought of the recent warranty promotion, with the Ridgid battery drill. The battery is a life time satisfaction warranty if the dril is bought by the 31st of December.

Best thing for you to do is read all the posts on here about the new tools...It will give you a good idea....Welcome to the forum....Bob

Comment

Ridgid lifetime warranty was extended to the end of Jan. due to back orders. The warranty is good, the problem is, it is in all new hand and there are a lot of problems. I think in the end they will work it out but there is no guarantee.
      SCWood

Comment

Originally posted by SCWood:
        Ridgid lifetime warranty was extended to the end of Jan. due to back orders. The warranty is good, the problem is, it is in all new hand and there are a lot of problems. I think in the end they will work it out but there is no guarantee.
        SCWood
        That's good news where did you read it?

Comment

SCWood:
          Where did you see or hear of the warranty extension? I received an e-mail from Ridgid a few days ago stating...
          The special warranty promotion applies to the complete current line of
          Ridgid power tools and the rumor of an extension of the warranty promotion
          ending date of December 31, 2003 is just that, a rumor. There are no
          official plans at this time, to extend the warranty offer period.

T.Clinkscales
          Technical Services
          OWT Industries

Have they changed their mind for U.S. sales?

Confused,

BTLG

Comment

I also saw somewhere, can't remember where, that the RIDGID warranty was being extended till the end of Jan. 04. Probably just another rumor started by some jealous DeWalt owner. Wait a minute , I'm a jealous DeWalt owner.
            ================================================== ====
            ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Dave:
              I also saw somewhere, can't remember where, that the RIDGID warranty was being extended till the end of Jan. 04. Probably just another rumor started by some jealous DeWalt owner. Wait a minute , I'm a jealous DeWalt owner.
              I found it:
              Originally posted by grey44ghost:
              It is my understanding that the time frame to purchase these new "orange" tools, that was to originally end 31 Dec 03, is to be extended to 31 Jan 04, due to the lack of tools in some locations. I can't give you this with any authority, but I did get it from someone in the Ridgid hierarchy.
              The world is coming to a end Christmas eve.

Comment

i JUST TALKED TO RIDGID AND ASKED THEM ABOUT THE WARRANTY EXTENSION AND THEY SAID ITS STRICTLY A FAULSE RUMOR.

Comment

Originally posted by Toolking:
                  i JUST TALKED TO RIDGID AND ASKED THEM ABOUT THE WARRANTY EXTENSION AND THEY SAID ITS STRICTLY A FAULSE RUMOR.
                  Till right after Christmas I bet.. Then maybe they will come out with how sorry they were that not everyone was able to buy one, due to the demand being higher than production. And to show how nice they are then they will extend it till the end of January.. No reason to take the pressure off just yet...

That's why they called it a FAULSE rumor...What is a FAULSE anyway?

Comment

If you visit a HD you will find new signs have gone up in the stores stating that the warranty has been extended to the end of Jan. They say that they ran out of inventory and needed to extend it. I think they are looking to capture sales from people like me with gift cards they received fof Christmas.

Comment

Working...
                    X