X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2412 heel alignment questions

I have noticed that some of you refer to the microadjust for the rear trunions. I know that my 2412 doesn't have them, but I was wondering if I purchased a replacement micro-adjust for the 2424, would it work on my saw or is there something I can get 3rd party for my 2412?

actually the 3612 is the saw with microadjust trunions isn't it?

Comment

That trunnion was introduced on the TS2424-1 model. Don't recall if it interchanges onto the TS2412, but I think Jake has addressed it on forum. You might be able to find the answer with the search feature.

Dave

Comment

yes but third party http://in-lineindustries.1hwy.com/
        Andy B.

Comment

Thanks. I'll give it a shot. I don't need them right now though. I have purchased the A-Line it basic for 59.95 at my local Woodworks store. Using the 2x4 and hammer method, I was able to get my heel adustment to .0025 according to the dial indicator. This is witin spec, eh? My fence was at zero but I set it to be .005 out at the back to reduce pinching. Worked like a charm.

I was also able to check the arbor flange runout with the basic a-line kit and it was .0005. I noticed on earlier posts that this is well within spec. I had to check because I bought two new blades and they both had exceccive rounout at .013 and .015. After checking it with the 24T Ridgid blade that came with the saw, I found that it was only out .004. All of my runout measurements are total indicated runout. The two blades that had bad runout were Oldham 40T and Black & Decker 60T. I guess you get what you pay for.

Comment

How embarrassing. I can't believe my typing. exceccive should have been excessive. I meant to change that before posting.

"measure twice, cut once" is the number one rule of woodworking.

message boards should have "spellcheck twice, post once". as it's number one rule.

Comment

Working...
            X