X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheet goods cutting optimization software

Anyone use software for optimizing cutting of sheet goods and other materials in their shop, profesionally or otherwise, care to comment on which software they use and its pros & cons?

I did a little searching and found a few that I have played with only for a few minutes each so far. They are Sheet Layout v8.02 by Productivity Software and the other is CutList Plus by Bridgewood Design.

I have used CutList now for about a year Bob and found the only thing "wanting" was that I needed to upgrade to I think it was the Gold version(?) -I suspect it payed for itself the first time I ever used by savings on materials, for sure in full by second. Since then it's been money in the bank.
    No experience on other. I can and do highly recommend CutList to everyone and yet to hear anyone say it was not worth every dollar spent.
    Try the demo (very limited tho) and you'll see what I mean

Comment

Bob-
      If you have a Palm or other PDA I have found that Wood, which is a piece of freeware, is actually pretty useful. It is not limited to sheet goods so if you have a limited amount of an exotic wood it can come in pretty handy as well. And for free it is a good tool to use. The fact that it is on you palm can come in handy when you run to the lumber yard to buy the sheet goods, you know exactly how much you need.

Good luck,
      Drew
      Originally posted by Bob D.:
      Anyone use software for optimizing cutting of sheet goods and other materials in their shop, profesionally or otherwise, care to comment on which software they use and its pros & cons?

I did a little searching and found a few that I have played with only for a few minutes each so far. They are Sheet Layout v8.02 by Productivity Software and the other is CutList Plus by Bridgewood Design.

Comment

Bob,
        I use CutList Plus and have been very satisfied. Like ChipMaker inferred there are several "levels" with each successive one adding more features at a higher cost. The one time I had a problem (installation/upgrade issue) the response time was great and the problem resolved quickly.
        Alan
        My Shop

Comment

Another plug here for CutList. You may not need the full blown version either - try demo if you haven't already to get feel for it.
          Wish I had the answers ..... even half of \'em

Comment

One more happy cutlist user. I use gold as it can combine small projects to create one big project
            No Bull Dust Just Saw Dust

Comment

Working...
            X