Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitre saw adjustments

Jake,

Having difficulty keeping the Ridgid 10" compound mitre saw I have true to 90 degrees on both angles. It seems it moves away from true after using for a while. I've been tempted to really tighten the bevel knob down but I dont want to make indentations in the area where the pin hits the metal for fear of making a permanent notch in the wrong setting and then preventing it form seating correctly.
    Whats the best way to make sure this doesnt happen?

Larliz,

We have improved the bevel knob so that it locks down better, with less effort. I'd be happy to send you one if you would just e-mail me with your address and Tel#.

Jake

Comment

Jake,

You sent that knob to me already and it made a nice improvement. I'm more concerned with the other knob. Its hard to get a good tight fit. Has this knob improved as well?

Comment

Sorry, I guess I did send you a bevel knob didn't I? As far as the miter goes, look at the tip of the knob, is the plastic on the end crushed? If it is there is your problem. The earlier 10" saws have a plastic cap on the miter lock that could come off, if you backed the knob out too far. If that has gone missing the lock knob will just bearly reach the table front, then its metal against metal.

Hope this helps
        Jake

Comment

Working...
        X