No announcement yet.

3612 Cheap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The manager at a somewhat decent HD near me said he can have items shipped from other HDs to his store if he is out of stock. He said it is no big deal and any HD can do it. Any normal manager should be willing to do a little extra for a $600 sale. You just have to ask.
    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

well not any home despot can do it! they have to have a little gray matter between the ears! still waiting on this one!
      \"Aarrgh, sliver me timbers\"<br /><a href=\"http://www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap\" target=\"_blank\">www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap</a>

Comment

well I finally had enough of home despot...I bought a Delta tablesaw yesterday! Had my heart set on a 3612, but have been listening to the b.s. and excuses for over a month now so gave up. Its no wonder Ridgid sold out, how they going to operate with morons like that handling their product? I am totally disgusted with h.d. and am going to Lowes from now on...I personally believe it is just a matter of time until h.d. is history..has happened to so many before, when the individual customer and sale means nothing, the business is doomed to fail! all in my personal opinion of course!
        \"Aarrgh, sliver me timbers\"<br /><a href=\"http://www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap\" target=\"_blank\">www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap</a>

Comment

HD isn't going anywhere. Unfortunately where I live(los angeles, the 2nd biggest city in the US) has no Lowes. This proves to me that lowes management is more incompetant than HD's management. There are 4 HDs within 15 minute drives of my house. The nearest lowes is about 1 hr(with hellish traffic). 2 of these HDs are busy 24 hours a day, the other 2 are busy on weekends. HD will survive as long as the competition is clueless. I would gladly go to lowes, but they offer nothing that is worth 2 hours of driving.This situation is just like microsoft vs. macintosh. It isn't that windows is so good, it is that apple can't get out of it's own way. In business in general you don't have to be good, just don't be stupid and you will out do the competition.
          www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

I'm a little late with this post but since we are all coming clean, I had to go back too for my TS2424 rails.
            Steve

Comment

if any one ever wants me to check on prices in the ohio area i would be glad to help. the co. i work for has branches in ohio pa, georgia, st.louis, mich.,chicago,and cal. i might be able to pull some strings on shipping.

Comment

When I got my 2424 from HD, the guy made sure I had both boxes. Love the saw; think HD is going down hill. They've grown so fast they can't find anyone who knows what they are doing (or cares).

Comment

snagged the 'last' 3612 at a local HD tonight. Marked down to $469 from $649! The evening tool Drone didn't know a thing about the saw, but thanks to this forum, he didn't need to. I checked in just to see if they had one still, and when I saw the price, I had to buy it. There goes my tool budget for the rest of the year (other than two new blades later in the year) who cares though?

Oh, and I made sure it said 3612 on it, and also picked up the rails as well. (had to explain to the cashier that they were One purchase, not two) It is about halfway assembled now, and will be up and running by this time tomorrow night. And this was still in the box, never been opened.

[ 09-06-2003, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: ned86xj ]
                  Ned<br /><br />Madison Woodsmith<br /><br />Masonry: 2B1ASK1

Comment

The price I've always seen was $599---but, Ned, still a good deal.

I really have to laugh, though. Now, I haven't had occassion to be in HD for a few weeks, so haven't seen any of the changes discussed----The funny part has been, in both the HDs near me, neither EVER had a 3612 on display! And now, they're gone----what a store!
                    Dave

Comment

Dave,
                      thanks, I figured even on 'regular' price it was $130 off. Got it almost totally assembled tonight, and put a piece of 3/4 white oak through it for the first cut. Needs a little tweaking, just the fence primarily, it is just a smidgeon toed in, and quickly repaired.
                      This is my first major tool purchase, and as such I'm counting myself extremely lucky.the closest 'alternative' saw for my purposes (other than the 3650) would be the Wilke 10CL or the Grizzly 1023SL, since I'm solidly in the left tilt camp)
                      Thankfully my friend John has a very complete shop tool wise, so I will be able to build up my skills and hopefully earn some $ to pay for more tools over the next year or two before I get my shop built.
                      Ned<br /><br />Madison Woodsmith<br /><br />Masonry: 2B1ASK1

Comment

I just can't help but throw in my anecdote of unbelievable good luck - I just picked up my factory recon 3612 (to replace my ungodly terrible Crapsman)...

...for $129.99!!!

I was sure there was some mistake, but the manager had to enter the clearance number. *shrug*

Lots of parts were brand new (motor, too) and the factory recon'd tools still have the same lifetime warranty (and, as I just purchased it between 1 Sept 2003 and 31 Dec 2003, it's even covered for "normal wear"!!! - http://www.ridgid.com/manuals/Lifeti...ceWarranty.pdf )

I'm still just gleeful over it.

Comment

just picked up 3612 today sealed box at waltham ma hd clearnce 351.00

Comment

HD just paid me $4 to take the 3612 home.

not really, but the stories are headed that direction [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Bought TS 3612 for $351 plus used 10% discount coupon for HD Credit card application.
                              This is at Rochester, NY HD store on Oct 20.
                              A week later another friend of mine wanted the same deal - couldn't find any 3612's within 100 miles of Rochester.
                              It appears HD just cleared the old 3612s to make way for 3650s.

Comment

I noticed something about lowes & home depot in here, so sharing my 2 cents. I am weekend warrior woodworker like most here. I used to shop at HD but now drive past 2 to get to lowes when I can. ONLY reason is customer service. Can never find a person at HD. I remember standing at store for 1 hour in cabinet / windows area without seeing a salesperson ANYWHERE. We only have 1 lowes in chicago area too. HD leveraged themselves to the hilt to grow store locations. Lowes is building one store at a time and being profitable. Always a friendly and knowledgeable salesperson around. A guy that used to manage a home depot told me that half the stores in chicago are barely making money or losing ( hmmm, wonder why can't find a staff person ). Hope they get their acts together and learn how to serve the customers like they used to.

Jake

Comment

Working...
                                X