X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3612 Cheap

Went to the local HD this morning and they had one on sale for $477.00. Anyone living around High Point NC. that's looking for one that's where it's at. Bought mine at Greensboro a while back for 499. Wouldn't take that for it now.

Wow thats an unbelieveable price. I had a freind just bought his in IL and it was 599 I think. Dave

Comment

I had to go and look what I paid last year. 597.
      \"Is it Friday yet?\"

Comment

Just be careful as I'm sure many around here will tell you, HD is notorious for having the 3612 label on a different product like the 3612 saw or vice versa. I'm not saying that this is the case, but be careful and go to Ridgid's website to see what the 3612 looks like then go back and make sure that is what your getting.
        Patrick<br />patrickssmith@cox.net<br />members.cox.net/patrickssmith

Comment

Yes, it's very possible that the saw was a 2424 with teh 3612 label on it. Our HD had teh same thing one display for months before they changed the labels and got things right. Still, at less than $500, the 2424 could still be a good deal.

Comment

The saw was still in the box. never been opened. I bought mine for 499 and they had it marked for a 24-24 but it was a 3612. Told the wife would not be any cheaper. She said go ahead and buy it so we loaded it up.

Comment

The 3612 replaced the 2424, at the same retail price, so Home Depot put the same stock number on both, and they are constantly confused.

If you got a 3612 for $477, it is great. But beware - the 3612 comes in two boxes (the rails are packed separately), while I hear that the 2424 all fits in one box. You may have to go back to get the rails if you didn't get both boxes.

Normally there are no discounts from Home Depot, even for a discontinued unit like the 2424, but occasionally there is an exception - sounds like you may have gotten it, and then been given the new unit anyway. Enjoy the saw - it is a great tool.

Comment

while I hear that the 2424 all fits in one box

It's been an awful long time, especially since I'd have to think to tell you what I had for dinner last night, but I think the 2424 rails came in a separate box.

Dave
                (did I have dinner last night?)

Comment

When I bought mine it was already put together. So we loaded it up and went home. Got it home and checked everything out and who ever put it together knew what they were doing. Had to adjust the blade to the miter slot, but that was the only thing I had to change. The table was flat and true. LOVE MY 3612

Comment

For what it's worth, the rails came in a separate box for the 2424 as well. I remember because I had to go back and get the second box!! Dave

Comment

Originally posted by DaveM:
                      For what it's worth, the rails came in a separate box for the 2424 as well. I remember because I had to go back and get the second box!! Dave
                      Bah! So did I! Does HD EVER get that right!

Comment

Actually, the guy I had checked and double checked that I had the rails.

Comment

Thanks to this Forum, when I purchased my 3612 I already knew to make sure I got two boxes. I also knew ahead of time, again thanks to this Forum, to double check to make sure the boxes I was getting were marked 3612 and not 2424.
                          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Just thought I would chime in and brag my price.
                            Bought my 3612 Last weekend for $450...open box deal.
                            Although as posted in a thread in "General Discussion" I'm missing rail end caps, fence/miter guage storage hooks and a couple other small things, after being told it was all there. Will be checking with Ridgid tomorrow to see if they will help out, missing about $25 worth of parts. Either way it allowed me to talk the wife into stretching a $300 budget to $450 and bring home a $600 saw.
                            Its adjusted to perfection...love this saw.

Comment

Isn't that amazing! our local home despot says they "just can't find a 3612 anywhere??" idiots!
                              \"Aarrgh, sliver me timbers\"<br /><a href=\"http://www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap\" target=\"_blank\">www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap</a>

Comment

Working...
                              X