disappointed with Ridgid Laser

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disappointed with Ridgid Laser

I bot the Ridgid 12" sliding miter mostly for the accuracy of it's laser line. I was surprised to find that it does not line up directly with the blade. It is designed to appear about 1/16" left of the cut line. (big bummer)
    Has anyone figured out a way to modify the laser to line up with the cut line?
    thanks

There is one way to modify this saw to make the laser line the actual cut line. Remove the battery from the factory laser guide and then mount a new after market laser like this one

[ 06-03-2004, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: Badger Dave ]
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

good evenin badger, I read your post and that laser looks and from what I read seems that it is exactly what some of these folks want. Do you have one or is this just what you came across?

thanks

happy woodworkin guys

Comment

hammerman, unfortunately for me, I have the same laser system on my CMS as rwk has on his Ridgid SCMS. The Laserkerf laser system though has been discussed on this forum and others many times in the past. The general consensus being that, if it's mounted correctly, it does an excellent job. There is a fella that hangs around the WoodNet forum that did a very indepth review on the Laserkerf. You might want to do a search on that site and see if you can find it. HTH.
        EDIT: I found the review for ya, Laserkerf Review.

[ 06-26-2004, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: Badger Dave ]
        I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

hi badger,

I read the post you gave me,and I appreciate it. I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way but have you become reliant on the laser? I dont like using my laser on on my Ridgid cms, for fear of losing my edge for alignment if using another cms without it. some of the cuts I had to make with it while trimming out a Lighthouse, it was a great time saver for extreme double compound accuracy, but I almost feel like I'm sacrificing skill for ease or short cuts(no pun intended). The fact that i'm over 60 and set in my ways may have something todo with that too. Anyway, thanks a lot for your input.

happy woodworking guys

Comment

I HAVE THE SAME SAW AND HAD THE SAME PROBLEM UNTILL I FIGURED OUT THAT YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE SAW ALL THE WAY UP WHEN YOU START AND THE LASER LINE WILL BE ON YOUR MARK, BUT NOT AS A SOLID LINE

Comment

Working...
            X