X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cherry morris chair

Since moving to Our new home 6 years ago I've been sitting in a generic office chair,with another as a leg rest.I always heard that the "morris chair" was the most comfortable for reading and sleeping.Searching the Net for a design I liked was tedious and uninspiring to say the least.Until I added "cherry wood to My search!Thats when I found this chair,made by a craftsman called Brian Brace from NC.
    This is a pic of His design.

I loved it but felt it was a little to square so I drew My own design and here it is.It is all solid cherry except the arms.I have steam at My job but that did not work to My satisfaction so I was forced to laminate the arms with 3 pieces of stock.
    My biggest disappointment was near the end as I loosley assembled the chair on the basement floor to take measurements for the cushions,My eyes crossed,I had made 2 right arms.DANG!
    Get back to work Dude and get it left this time!
    I bought a american bison hide for the cushions tobacco brown,I belive.I should have enough leather for the ottoman as well .I am just getting started on that now.Gonna be a little tough to match the chair style but whatever I come-up with,will be the best I can do.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jamesamd; 12-02-2011, 10:00 AM.

Re: cherry morris chair

Sorry Icould not attach Brians chair in original post
    Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful job
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Very nice.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I really like it. Great job.
          Charles

Comment

Very impressive... NICE work!

CWS

Comment

Working...
            X