X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS1400

I'm having trouble getting enough motor v-pulley tension on my BS. The assembly directions call for 1/2" of deflection. I have closer to 1". With the v-belt in place it is difficult to move the motor back any further especially with the rubber grommets mounted between the motor mount and the stand. Any ideas on how to arrive at the recommended tension. Thanks

Are you sure you have the saw placed right on the base? With the slots for mounting the motor you should be able to tighten it up. Loosen the bolts as much as you can and grab the motor with two hands and pull it towards you. Hope that helps.

Comment

Maybe I missed something in the instructions, but I have also run into the same problem. It takes three hands to really tighten the belt, as there is no lever or other device to assist in holding the motor and two hands are needed to tighten the bolt. If anyone knows what I'm missing, please let me know. Thanks.

Comment

Use a spreader clamp, such as the new besseys or the uniclamps between the pulleys.
        Another option is an alignment punch in the base slot in front of the motor mount flange and pry it backwards.

[ 01-29-2004, 06:07 AM: Message edited by: UO_Woody ]
        John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Does the ridgid have some different kindof design than my Delta bandsaw regarding motor mounting. When I assembled saw was just a matter of sliding the motor to the place you wanted it and tightening the nuts / bolts when the pulleys were aligned. Weight of motor provides all the tension you need. Motor hangs under stand.

Jake

Comment

You can tighten the belt with a tension device sold at Harbor Freight tools or slide the motor to a position and roll the belt on. Move the motor if it is not in the right place and re -tighten the bolts. I know that there are 2 different mounts for the saw. The old style emmerson open motor has a different mounting and top of the stand is not the same as the(newer) TEFC motor. Maybe they have the wrong top on the saw? The belt could be the wrong length?

Jake, the motor is horizontal on the Ridgid.

[ 02-08-2004, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Benedetto ]

Comment

Thanks andrew,

Saw Ridgids on Woody's site. The Delta model I have hangs under the saw on a hinged plate. Just line up pulleys and slip belt over. I understand now

Jake

Comment

Working...
              X