X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deft??

I sent the wife to Lowes for some sanding sealer and she brought home Deft brand. I recall the stuff from junior high school but haven't used it since. Anyway, it says for use with any laquer based product so I'm guessing that this means DON'T use it with MinWax polyurethane. Right or wrong??
    TIA,
    Chiz
    PS. Will using a sanding sealer avert the need for several coats of poly that soak into the (luan) wood?
    Later,
    Chiz

I think you can apply polyurethane to lacquer just not the other way around, lacquer over poly.
    In fact I think most sanding sealers are lacquer so they dry faster.

In any case why not ask Deft themselves they have a contact us link at their website. www.deftfinishes.com

Get the truth straight from the horses mouth.
    Rev Ed

Comment

Thanks, Rev Ed. Sometimes the obvious just gets past me.
      Later,
      Chiz

Comment

Just for the sake of the archives, here's the reply I got from Deft Corp:
        Thank you for your inquiry. No Lacquer Sanding Sealer is not compatible with a polyurethane. We appreciate your considering Deft.

I guess the 'horse's mouth' says it all. I also received an e-mail which said that it initially looks good but his lost adhesion a few months later and de-laminated.

Later,
        Chiz
        Later,
        Chiz

Comment

Working...
        X