R4516 Bench Table Saw Optional Outfeed Assembly Parts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4516 Bench Table Saw Optional Outfeed Assembly Parts

Two weeks ago I purchased from Gardner, Inc., Ridgid's parts distributor, an "optional outfeed assembly". When I went to install the parts on my saw I found there are no brackets to connect the assembly to the saw, but there are cast-in-place, threaded, holes for brackets. Neither Ridgid nor Gardner knew anything about the brackets and a Ridgid tech simply said they are not available.
    I think the brackets should have been included in the assembly package. Gardner, Inc., said it was willing to "go halfway" with me, meaning they would not charge the 20% restocking fee but they would not pay for the return of the outfeed assembly. We're talking about only $20.87 for the outfeed assembly and it seems senseless to send back to Gardner, Inc., the outfeed assembly. So, I have lost the value of the purchase price and in its place possess two useless chrome guide bars and a black connecting piece.
    Does anyone have the actual brackets on his saw? Can I get a picture of one to see whether I can manufacture them myself?

Re: R4516 Bench Table Saw Optional Outfeed Assembly Parts

I would take a look at the Craftsman equivelent of that saw and see if Sears parts can supply the bracket.

Comment

Working...
    X