X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding bench dog router table to TS3660

Hi, I am thinking about adding a cast iron Bench Dog router table to my Ridgid table saw TS3660. If I put the router wing on the left side of the table, can I use the left saw extension wing and add it to the right extension wing to extend the table? If so do I need to add a leg to help to support it??
    Any suggestions??

Thanks,

old coot

Re: adding bench dog router table to TS3660

I don't think that you would necessarily have to add support legs. I added a wood extension to the right side CI wing on my 3612 and didn't need to worry about supporting it. The one area you will have to address though is the bar that keeps the front and rear rails parallel to each other. It wouldn't be a good idea to eliminate that bar so you will need to consider that when mounting the wing.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      I don't think that you would necessarily have to add support legs. I added a wood extension to the right side CI wing on my 3612 and didn't need to worry about supporting it. The one area you will have to address though is the bar that keeps the front and rear rails parallel to each other. It wouldn't be a good idea to eliminate that bar so you will need to consider that when mounting the wing.
      Thanks Badgerdave,
      I will watch that bar. The CI is quite abit heaver than wood though.. Just wondering.

oc

Comment

Originally posted by old coot View Post
        Thanks Badgerdave,
        I will watch that bar. The CI is quite abit heaver than wood though.. Just wondering.
        There should be a couple of holes drilled into the sides of the wing, one at the front and the other at the back of the wing. You can utilize those holes and a couple of hex head bolts to secure the wing to the rails. Just as the wings are attached to the saws table top you should also attach the LH wing to the end of the RH wing. You will need to drill four holes into the end of the RH wing in order to attach the LH wing. Am I making any sense or am I clear as mud?
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
          There should be a couple of holes drilled into the sides of the wing, one at the front and the other at the back of the wing. You can utilize those holes and a couple of hex head bolts to secure the wing to the rails. Just as the wings are attached to the saws table top you should also attach the LH wing to the end of the RH wing. You will need to drill four holes into the end of the RH wing in order to attach the LH wing. Am I making any sense or am I clear as mud?
          Yep, I can do that. Thanks for the speedy reply.

OC

Comment

Working...
          X