X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4512 Dado blade size capacity, 6" or 8"

Hi, I'm new to the forum and wish everyone well in the New Year.

I've had my R4512 for about four months now and love it completely. However, I have a pretty old steel, stacked dado set from Craftsman, which tends to leave a very rough dado channel. I'd like to buy a new dado set and I am not certain if the R4512 would be better served with the smaller 6" dado sets or the larger 8" sets.

Primarily, I am concerned if the machine has sufficient power for the larger sets or if they would place too much strain on the motor and arbor.

Feedback would be welcomed.

Andy

Re: R4512 Dado blade size capacity, 6" or 8"

Unless you plan on regularily cutting dados that are over 1ΒΌ" deep a 6" set is really all you'll ever need in a dado set. Obviously the lighter weight of the 6" set will also put less strain on your saws motor.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

my older version r2412, with a 1 1/2hp motor, easily swings the 8" freud stack dado set.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

You shouldn't have trouble spinning either one with that saw, so I'd buy the best deal on the best dado you can afford whether 6" or 8".

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your answers.

Comment

Working...
          X