Ridgid Tool Care

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panamint98:
    You can buy a product called Topcoat, you spray it on the top and rub it out and it will protect from rust and also makes the wood slide easy. It doesn't leave a residue that will get on the wood like WD 40 will. You can find it at tool stores and woodworking tool catalogs. You only have to redo it a couple a times a year.Scott
    I heartily second the use of TopCote®. The stuff does everything Scott said it does. The best price I've found is at http://www.leevalley.com If anyone knows of a better price, please post it.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

A couple of errors in my post above. The rust remover is Rust Free, not Rust Control. The rust preventor is T-9, not K-9. Both Rust Free and K-9 are Boeshield products. T-9 is a competitor of Topcoat. Both are available from Woodcraft.

Comment

The following was sent to me from Ridgid technical services:

For rust removal we recommend a product called Rust Free, and for prevention
        a product called T-9 Boesheild. Both are available from Hartville Tool at
        1-800-345-2396.

T.Clinkscales
        Technical Services

Comment

The following was sent to me from Ridgid technical services:

For rust removal we recommend a product called Rust Free, and for prevention
          a product called T-9 Boesheild. Both are available from Hartville Tool at
          1-800-345-2396.

T.Clinkscales
          Technical Services

Comment

I agree with most of the replies. I use a wax be minwax. What i found helps tremendously is to cut a piece of cardboard the size of your top and place it over the cast iron when not in use. The cardboard absorbs the moisture and prevents it from getting on the cast iron surface. I pull my shop around in a trailer behind my pickup and since I started doing this I have very little rust problems. WD-40 by the way attracts moisture.

Comment

Working...
            X