X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4512 add ons

Can you all let me know were to get add ons for the R4512 such as dado inserts and table extinsions.

Re: R4512 add ons

No idea about table extensions.. check with Rigid or fabricate your own.

As for the dado inserts, do a forum search for zero clearance inserts. Very easy to make, and a lot cheaper than buying them.
    Brian

Comment

Thanks Brian, I do plan on making my 0 insert and table extinsions but not sure on dado insert. Still is nice to know were you can go for things though. Can get 0 clearance on woodcraft.com

Comment

As Brian said, it's easy enough to make your own insert blank inserts. When you need to use a dado blade just pop in a new blank and cut a ZCI dado insert for the size of dado you will be cutting. Pretty soon you'll have a set of ZCI dado inserts for all the popular sized dado's you frequently cut. If you use different blades when doing your woodworking, i.e. rip blade, crosscut blade, general purpose blade, it's a good idea to have a ZCI specifically for each blade.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

thanks again have started making them, again thanks

Comment

I added a pair of cast iron extensions to replace the steel extensions on my R4512. They were from King Canada. I am not sure how popular they are in the US, but you should try the small local tool shops that deal with the major and non major manufacturers. They should be able to get you prices on what would be replacement parts for larger saws that come with CI extensions as standard.

I posted about mine here https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t40160/

Cast Iron is very easy to work with if alterations are needed. It drills very easy.

Comment

Working...
            X