Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorax:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Cranky:
    Convinced yet Tim??? lol

Lorax----what the heck time do you get up? I looked at time stamp and figured you up all night?
    Cranky,
    I just retired a little over a year ago so I go to bed whenever I want and get up whenever I want. If I get tired during the day, I take a nap. Most of the rest of the time I spend in the shop. Have a great day. Nappy time.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Hands down - devil be darned - this is the BIGGEST HIDDEN GLOAT ever

Happy for you Lorax ----- I am in dire need myself of a nappy right now. Matter of fact I think I'll indeed just head in and do it. Thanks for the idea
    Wish I had the answers ..... even half of \'em

Comment

Lorax, by chance you into railroads? Just eyeing your posted image. . Been Model railroader since a kid(well some say I'm still a kid )
      Grew up in Jersey, Still have awhile before I retire to my shop/trains but someday. Oh and the afternoon nap!

Comment

Murphyr,
        Thanks for asking. I've loved steam locos since I was a kid. I was born in Scranton, Pa. (Steamtown USA)! I have a Union Pacific 4-8-8-4 Big Boy as my screensaver! [img]smile.gif[/img] The one thing I don't have any more is a model train layout. It is on my project list, now that I have the time and the room for one. Anyone have any plans for layouts and buildings or a source where I can get some?
        I'd like to build my own buildings, out of wood of course. [img]smile.gif[/img]
        Lorax
        "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Lorax, Go to a good hobby shop and have a look around things have come along way. Really some good steam models. Alot on line and in mags. also.
          I enjoy it.
          Rick. (Been a long day gettin time for my nap come to think of it )

Comment

I too have the 3650 and have absolutely no complaints. The fence is as solid as most I've seen so I really do not suspect that should be a concern. For >30 years all tools were Craftsman but they're now 95% plastic and frankly I think their overall quality has gone right down the drain. Hence I was looking elsewhere and came upon Ridgid.

Enjoy you new saw, Rick!

Btw, re Craftsman: as you know, for years their Warranty stated with respect to hand tools that they would "Replace". I noticed recelently they have changed that to "REPAIR or replace". I found that interesing...

Lyman

Comment

Well I finally did buy the 3650, and I only have it like 85% assembled and I already love it. So much better than the crapsman. I put it together myself, which is rather cumbersome do to the weight of almost 300 lbs. But so far, other than the extensive assembly(not quite as hard as the jointer just takes longer) I am impressed so far. Maybe tomorrow I will wrapit up and push the fence to a good test. The book recommends a paste wax to clean the table top. Anyone know how paste wax works for this? Anything any better? Or is it good. I set down a chunk for this saw and I wanna take care of it.

Comment

I think if you go back and re-read this it says to clean the cast iron then treat with wax. The wax protects the raw cast iron from rust due to moisture in the air.

Comment

I just got a TS3650 today. I can't wait to get it put together and get to work

Comment

packed a bt3100 ryobi up saturday after a month,burnt up two sets of belts at $40.00 dollars a set and two hours putting them in...traded up for a ts3650...NOW THIS IS A SAW..
                    even came out of the box and went togeather better than the bt3100..I could tell when "WE" lifted the box onto the truck this was a real saw..went togeather like a breeze not ever the 4 bolt trick fooled me....can hardley wait to make dust.....good place ya got here..
                    Tom

Comment

I have a BT3000 on a Ridgid stand(portable) and it is not with out its problems but it is very accurate and I have not had belt issues. If you cut into ZCTP for example,and stall the blade it will melt the belts. I have a spare set in case that happens but I paid less than $20 for the belts. I do not like direct drive saws, that is why I use the BT as a portable as well as the router ability and it can be broken down easily for transport if needed. I do like my 3650 better which is at home wired at 240v.

Comment

Working...
                      X