X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS 3650 Fence Usage

My fence has two groves running down the length of the top, anyone know what they are good for? Are there any accessories that fit them? Has anyone made any jigs that can be used with them?

It would be nice to be able to attached a featherboard to the fence that holds stock down when cutting. Currently I clamp one on, but the clamps get in the way of the safety shield on thin cuts.

Don

Re: TS 3650 Fence Usage

The are for attaching jigs and such. A ¼" hex bolt will fit right into them.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

My pencil fits right in the groove.

Brian A

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        The are for attaching jigs and such. A ¼" hex bolt will fit right into them.
        Thank you for the reply, do you have a recommended commercial jig for holding down the stock.

I also found them to be great for holding pencils.

Comment

Originally posted by dwcurry View Post
          Thank you for the reply, do you have a recommended commercial jig for holding down the stock.
          I use these and I also use this. The Board Buddies would mount to the channels on the top of your fence and can be positioned anywhere along the length of the fence. Their only drawback is that when ripping narrow stock they and sometimes get in the way of the push stick.
          Last edited by BadgerDave; 01-17-2012, 02:07 PM.

Comment

I use these and I also use this. The Board Buddies would mount to the channels on the top of your fence and can be positioned anywhere along the length of the fence. Their only drawback is that when ripping narrow stock they and sometimes get in the way of the push stick.
            I was considering getting a pair of the yellow board buddies. Do you mount them directly to the ts3650 fence, or do they need some sort of mounting block?

Comment

There are holes in the base of the Board Buddies. Using ¼" hex bolts/nuts they mount directly to the fence without any additional modifications. BTW, they do work as advertised.

Comment

There are holes in the base of the Board Buddies. Using ¼" hex bolts/nuts they mount directly to the fence without any additional modifications. BTW, they do work as advertised.
                Order has been placed.

Thank you,

Don

Comment

Working...
                X