Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Does the round base for R2400 fit the R2401 Trim Router?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the round base for R2400 fit the R2401 Trim Router?

I'm looking for a trim router that accepts standard router bushings, however, looking at the base for the R2401, it is not recessed like the base is on the R2400.

The R2400 bases are still available, but I'd like to determine beforehand if they are even close to fitting, before dropping the $.

Re: Does the round base for R2400 fit the R2401 Trim Router?

hirez,

Welcome to the Ridgid forum!

While I can't swap to make sure (I don't have the newer model), the R2400 acylic base is approx 3-1/2 inches in diameter with the mounting holes positioned at approx. 3-3/32 diameter... and evenly spaced at that diameter (4 holes... being approx. 2-3/16 inches apart.) The mounting holes are about 5/16 th, countersunk. At that diameter they are very close to the outside edge of the base plate.

I hope this is helpful,

CWS

Comment

PM sent............ I think!

Comment

So, just a follow up for those who will read this in the future, I purchased a couple of R2400 bases from mowtownusa.com for .99 each (Ryobi Power Tool Part # 512688001 SUB BASE). Shipping was $6. Cheaper than the $10 ones on ebay. They do fit the R2401, however, they don't have the same locking/guide pins like the base on the R2401 has. This shouldn't be a big deal as the screws appear to hold it in place well enough. Best of all, the universal router bushings fit, which was my primary objective.

Comment

This ended up working out okay. Found some R2400 bases online for under $1. They aren't the same design, new ones have alignment guides, but they still fit.

Comment

Working...
          X