X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router Table insert for table saw

I have a TS3650, Love my saw by the way. I have always wanted a router table insert to save shop space but did not want to pay $300 plus for one. I have had a Craftsman router table for years that I store under the work bench and drag out every time I need it. Long story short I was amazed to find out that after removing the plastic base that my router table slides right between the rails of my saw. 8 5/16 x 1" bolts later and I am in buisness . There are 4 sloted holes on each side that allow for easy adjustment up and down.So if you are cheap like me keep your eyes open for a deal on one of these and go to town.

Re: Router Table insert for table saw

I would love to see any pictures if you have them. What were the specs of the Cman Router Table? model number?

Comment

+1
      Originally posted by Thomas S. View Post
      I would love to see any pictures if you have them. What were the specs of the Cman Router Table? model number?
      I have the same saw and have been considering the router setup more and more.

Comment

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/y...-13-11_265.jpg
        http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/y...-13-26_742.jpg
        http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/y...-15-17_491.jpg
        I cant find a model # anywhere on the unit. It has a cast aluminum top and fence.

Comment

nicely done. kind of strange, thouogh, seeing the c-man name on a ridgid product.
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Thanks for the pictures and idea.

Does the additional wieght affect the rails at all? Or do you think it will over time?

Comment

did you bolt the router table to the CI extension wing?
              there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

This unit is very light made of cast aluminum. I dont see any issues with sag over time. If I had went with the cast iron unit I would have mounted to the left. There is no mounting holes in the Ridgid wing so it is spaning the 27" width so far it has not been an issue. The deck is very "ridgid" no pun intended. It has bracing built in to the under deck. I would say this set up will be fine for a diy guy like me. I am currently building my new kitchen cabinets and am in love with this set up.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
                  nicely done. kind of strange, thouogh, seeing the c-man name on a ridgid product.
                  I agree not the best looking in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas S. View Post
                    That looks like the top from a Craftsman Professional HPP Router Table, which is almost identical to the Bosch RA1181 Router Table. I think Bosch makes the Craftsman table.

http://www.amazon.com/BOSCH-RA1181-B...5727613&sr=1-1

Comment

Originally posted by smac92201 View Post
                      How did you mount it to the wing? Was it pretty simple?

Comment

Originally posted by sanman View Post
                        How did you mount it to the wing? Was it pretty simple?
                        It is only mounted to the rails. It is a cast aluminum top that is braced everywhere underneath. I have had no problems with deflection at all. Mounting to the rails took about 10-15 minutes. Most of the time spent was making sure all surfaces joined together and were true. The right hand CI wing has no mounting provisions.

Comment

A good point was made by someone (sorry) about time being a factor. Yes, it's a big factor and it's silent. As it is bending the rails it does so ever so slowly so that one day discover that you can't trust it to be flat and you have ruined your rails. Answer: Build a one leg support to stick under the router table. The other end should have some sort of adjustable foot so that when ever you park it you can accomodate the uneven concrete. I have mine under the table when I'm not using it and my floor is about as even as the Atlantic Ocean!
                          Later,
                          Chiz

Comment

Working...
                          X