X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4511 belt question

Will a link belt work on a 4511? If so, where can I find directions on how to change out the belt? Saw shudders bad on shutdown.

Thanks

Re: 4511 belt question

have you checked the motor/arbor pulley coplanarity?
    Last edited by FINER9998; 02-05-2012, 09:39 AM.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Yes, the link belt should work. However, the 4511 is well known for shut-down shudder (like mine). If you search the giant R4511 thread on this site, you'll find the actual reason for the shudder on shut-down of the motor.

Big G

Comment

Does the 4511 and 4512 not come equipped with a serpentine belt like earlier RIDGID saws? If it does come with a serpentine belt then you could not replace the OEM belt with a link belt without also replacing the pulleys.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
          Does the 4511 and 4512 not come equipped with a serpentine belt like earlier RIDGID saws? If it does come with a serpentine belt then you could not replace the OEM belt with a link belt without also replacing the pulleys.
          I can't comment on the 4511 but the 4512 has a serpentine belt. The belt on the 4512 if cut and measured from end to end would be less than a foot. It is a very small belt.
          SSG, U.S. Army
          Retired
          K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

I found this quote from a review.

The belt seems better quality than your regular v-belt. this one is a micro v-belt (?) at ~1/2” wide, it has 6 grooves that fit 6 slots in the pulleys for better traction and fit. I wasn’t able to find any “high-quality” replacement for this belt yet, but as this one seems to be good, maybe I shouldn’t worry about it as of yet (it has reinforcement strings like higher quality belts, but as I’m not a belt expert, I can’t really tell how good this one is – time will tell)

From an article here

Review: Ridgid R4511 10 in. Granite Top Table Saw - by PurpLev @ LumberJocks.com ~ woodworking community

So pulleys would have to be changed.
            SSG, U.S. Army
            Retired
            K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Working...
            X