X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Saw setup

I purchased a new TS2424 table saw tonight and was wanting ro know if anyone has any tricks to setup that are not covered in the owners manual. Based on what I have read and been told it is straight forward. I think I am going to like this saw.

I have recently purchased a TS 2424 and am having a tough time getting the blade parallel to the miter groove. The top either moves too much or not enough when I beat on it(rough castings?). Removing the motor helps but I have never gotten it 'right on' so that ripping is as accurate as it should be.I note that new models have a redesigned adjusting system to resolve this issue-is this available as a retrofit? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hamhand: The micro-adjust trunnion is availible. Just call 1-800-4RIDGID or go to www.ridgidparts.com and look under the TS2424-1 parts listing for the rear trunion. You will also need the two set screws since they are a seperate part number.

Jake

Comment

Jim: I don't any real tricks but I will let you know a few things. In the manual it specifies that you need 8 pages between the bottom of the fence and the top of the table. It sometimes can be very frustrating to get this measurement. All you really need is to get the fence high enough to clear the table when you slide the fence up and down. Also make sure you have the motor mounted and in place when setting the heel. The weight of the motor can change the heel by several thousandths.

Jake

Comment

Thanks alot for the fast response! That'll keep us coming back on a daily basis.

Comment

Thanks fellows for the response. This is one fine saw. It was just about on dead center out of the box. It is really a smooth cutting and square cutting machine.

Comment

Working...
            X