X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid AC9945 MS-UV - Mislabeled

Well, as I was finishing the assembly of my new AC9945 miter saw stand, I happened to look at the serial number plate. The plate identifies my stand as an "AC9934". I went online and found out the AC9934 is a "Flip Top Portable Work Support" stand (wtf). I want to keep it as I think it's kinda cool and unique(lol) but, would I be able to register it for the LSA?

Take a look at the picts.
    Attached Files

Re: Ridgid AC9945 MS-UV - Mislabeled

That is strange......LSA is only available on power tools. The stand should have a three-year warranty as per website
    Last edited by reConx; 02-15-2012, 12:24 AM.

Comment

You might have a problem registering it for the lifetime service agreement. They will need a serial number and the one you have might not work.
      SSG, U.S. Army
      Retired
      K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

The MSUV is not eligible for the LLSA. reConx told it like it is, 3 Year Warranty only.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Clearly the box says he's eligible for the lifetime agreement. I wonder if this was supposed to be packaged with a mitre saw to make it eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
            The MSUV is not eligible for the LLSA. reConx told it like it is, 3 Year Warranty only.
            I have the MSUV before this one and it only has a 3 year warrenty. His box is clearly marked lifetime so maybe the new one does have a lifetime on it.
            SSG, U.S. Army
            Retired
            K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Enjoy the stand......save the box

Comment

First: The MSUV that you have is definitely the AC9945.

Second: It is NOT LSA eligible. Only 3 year.

Third: Your MSUV has been incorrectly labeled. Here is an AC9934; Ridgid Flip Top Work Support from RIDGID | The Home Depot - Model AC9934

Forth: I hope this clears everything up for you.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by TOD View Post
                  I have the MSUV before this one and it only has a 3 year warrenty. His box is clearly marked lifetime so maybe the new one does have a lifetime on it.
                  I have the first style they came out with, AC9940, and it wasn't eligible for the LLSA either. I wonder if Ridge Tool no longer manufatures these and production has been taken over by TTI/OWT and they decided to include them in the LLSA Program now? If that's the case then the OP more than likely will need to get Customer Service involved in order to get it properly registered into the LLSA Program. With the current label on his MSUV there probably is an issue with the serial number.

Comment

Other distributors are advertising full lifetime

RIDGID 36858 AC9945 Miter Saw Stand

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                      Other distributors are advertising full lifetime

RIDGID 36858 AC9945 Miter Saw Stand
                      "Full lifetime warranty against material defects and workmanship"

That is the same "warranty" Ridge Tool provides for the shop vacs and is not the same as the LLSA. The LLSA is not the same as a warranty so when you see the word warranty they are not referring to the LLSA.
                      Last edited by BadgerDave; 02-15-2012, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Interesting that the LZA 12" sliding saw and stand are sold at ACME Tool. The saw has LLSA in its description. Can we hope and pray that ACME might actually get a hold of the Ridgid tool line? One can dream can't they? LOL.

BTW, off topic, but with HD fire sale pricing on the mitersaws, could they finally be looking to update this ageing class of tool? I hope so, not a fan at all of the current selection!

Comment

i hope that ACME would get the ridgid line. they come to where i work every week and deliever tools free delivery that i order from them for my home use.
                          Last edited by MAS; 02-15-2012, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                            BTW, off topic, but with HD fire sale pricing on the mitersaws, could they finally be looking to update this ageing class of tool? I hope so, not a fan at all of the current selection!
                            is HD clearance pricing miter saws?
                            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
                              is HD clearance pricing miter saws?
                              They hacked the 12" sliding mitersaw. They are at clearance prices and even stacked in two stores clearance areas at 399 with the yellow price stickers on them

Comment

Working...
                              X