X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust Collection R 4511

Well now that the repaint is done and the DC chute is on, I was wondering if it was necessary to close off the cutout opening on the top of the plastic swing open motor door. I'm new to DC and in my finite mind I'm thinking loss of suction. Maybe it makes no difference but I thought I would ask those with more experience in the matter. Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: Dust Collection R 4511

Some people have closed off every opening on their 4511.. others, like myself, have not. I am of the opinion, and this is just MY opinion, that you need air flow for your dust collecter to work properly. The only thing I am planning on doing is to install some baffles to direct the sawdust into the collection chute. I have some saw dust that collects in the corners and along the edge at the bottom of the saw.
    Brian

Comment

Re: Dust Collection R 4511

Thank you Brian. I think I will leave it alone then. I saw a post about the baffles and it does sound like a great idea. The corners are collectors for sure. Seems that the shape of the baffle would be more air flow friendly anyhow. Thanks again for the reply.

Comment

Working...
      X