Final cuts from the R4511- New TS coming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final cuts from the R4511- New TS coming

Tonight I will make the final trims on a project I am finishing and then move the R4511 and some other shop equipment to make room for a new tablesaw.

Last Saturday I ordered a Jet table saw with 30" fence, so it will not occupy much more space than the 4511, but I will have to go tonight and get cable, breaker, receptacle, etc. for the 240v circuit to power the Jet.

I will hopefully get a bill of lading today from the freight company so that I can get a delivery date. Since I am in southwest VA, and the Jet warehouse is in Tenn. it shouldn't take long to get here once it leave the warehouse.

Once the new saw is in I will need to breakdown the R4511 and get the top off to see what is causing my trunnion to drag when I bevel. I suspect it may be a sawdust issue, but won't know until I can see inside. Hopefully it will be a quick fix and then I can send the saw to a new home.

It has been a pretty good saw once I upgraded the fence system, and generally has been a very low maintenance tool.

Re: Final cuts from the R4511- New TS coming

if your intentin is to sell the 4511, it should go quickly. it delivers a lot of performance for what it cost. enjoy your new jet.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Yes i will probably sell the R4511, and it is a good saw so it shouldn't be too hard to sell.

Came home today for lunch and the freight company called and set up a delivery for tomorrow around 2pm, so I had to create some assembly space and get the electrical supplies after work.

Also Fedex delivered the mobile base today a day early so this plan appears to be coming together!!

Comment

just curious as to what led to the change from the 4511 to a jet?
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Good luck with your new TS Cato. I miss my TS-3650 at times but the Unisaw is awesome.
          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
            just curious as to what led to the change from the 4511 to a jet?
            Finer,
            Nothing wrong with the R4511 and have enjoyed the saw. More a present to myself than anything else.

I mostly work with 4/4 and 5/4 lumber, so the added power is not really needed. The new Jet is not going to erase my mistakes or make me a better woodworker. I just wanted it so I bought it.

Comment

I like your attiude re buying tools. But, I would like to thank you for your helpful hints while I was deciding on the R4511 and after I purchased it. Setting up that saw did require a little help but I have enjoyed it to this day.
              Congrats on the new one!
              Big G

Comment

Working...
              X