X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final cuts from the R4511- New TS coming

Tonight I will make the final trims on a project I am finishing and then move the R4511 and some other shop equipment to make room for a new tablesaw.

Last Saturday I ordered a Jet table saw with 30" fence, so it will not occupy much more space than the 4511, but I will have to go tonight and get cable, breaker, receptacle, etc. for the 240v circuit to power the Jet.

I will hopefully get a bill of lading today from the freight company so that I can get a delivery date. Since I am in southwest VA, and the Jet warehouse is in Tenn. it shouldn't take long to get here once it leave the warehouse.

Once the new saw is in I will need to breakdown the R4511 and get the top off to see what is causing my trunnion to drag when I bevel. I suspect it may be a sawdust issue, but won't know until I can see inside. Hopefully it will be a quick fix and then I can send the saw to a new home.

It has been a pretty good saw once I upgraded the fence system, and generally has been a very low maintenance tool.

Re: Final cuts from the R4511- New TS coming

if your intentin is to sell the 4511, it should go quickly. it delivers a lot of performance for what it cost. enjoy your new jet.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Yes i will probably sell the R4511, and it is a good saw so it shouldn't be too hard to sell.

Came home today for lunch and the freight company called and set up a delivery for tomorrow around 2pm, so I had to create some assembly space and get the electrical supplies after work.

Also Fedex delivered the mobile base today a day early so this plan appears to be coming together!!

Comment

just curious as to what led to the change from the 4511 to a jet?
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Good luck with your new TS Cato. I miss my TS-3650 at times but the Unisaw is awesome.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
            just curious as to what led to the change from the 4511 to a jet?
            Finer,
            Nothing wrong with the R4511 and have enjoyed the saw. More a present to myself than anything else.

I mostly work with 4/4 and 5/4 lumber, so the added power is not really needed. The new Jet is not going to erase my mistakes or make me a better woodworker. I just wanted it so I bought it.

Comment

I like your attiude re buying tools. But, I would like to thank you for your helpful hints while I was deciding on the R4511 and after I purchased it. Setting up that saw did require a little help but I have enjoyed it to this day.
              Congrats on the new one!
              Big G

Comment

Working...
              X