X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlipTop Stand Wannabe

Ever since I got my Ridgid FlipTop stand my old roller stands primary function has been to collect dust. Yesterday while looking through my June/July 04 issue of WOOD I ran across a shop tip on how to convert a roller stand into a pivoting table. The design is very simple and I knocked one out in about 5 minutes. It's certainly not a FlipTop but it actually does work very well. For anyone interested, the drawing can be found on page 109 of that issue.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Yeah, I saw that too and have two older roller stands that I want to convert as you did. I think I am going to do one thing different and offset the pivot point about .75" so that the top will always flip down in the same direction, then I'll add some feed direction arrows so I can easily see which way to set it up with the work flow. The ridgid Flip-Top stands are great. I have one and every time I go in HD I look to see if they have any more. They seem to sell out as fast as they come in. I have asked the they tell me they can't get enough of them. Sooner or later I gotta catch it right and I will get another, but in the mean time I'm gonna make the conversion tops as Dave did.

Comment

Working...
    X