X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compatability question.......

Has anyone retrofitted the R4512 table and fence onto the R4511 base? I have some chipping and a few small cracks in my R4511 table and was wondering if this was possible.

Mike

Re: Compatability question.......

I'm only guessing but I would think that for what the table and fence would cost as parts for a R4512 you could almost buy a whole new R4512. Those two saws were/are also made by two different companies for TTI so that just might increase the possibility that switching parts between the two might be an issue.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I've often wondered the same thing. I own neither saw, so obviously I don't know the answer....I'm almost positive that it's not a direct bolt up because the R4512 has table mounted trunnions and the R4511 has cabinet mounted trunnions, but it could be possible with some ingenuity to retrofit a full size top to the R4511. Badger Dave raises a good point about the cost of obtaining a top from the R4512, but I'd guess you could try a top from an older full size contractor saw, or other full size saw. The R4511 is made by Steel City/Orion, so maybe a top from one of their saws (35605/35606/35610) or a Craftsman 22104, 22114, or 22124 might fit. The main tops tend to be a standard 20" wide x 27" deep.

Here's what the R4511 looks like without the top:

Here's a look at the underside of a few full size cast iron tops:

(R4512)

Last edited by hewood; 03-26-2012, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys. I will probably just replace the granite. Hopefully it is under warranty.

Comment

Might be better off looking at a Steel City tablesaw rather than the Rigid 4512

Comment

Working...
          X