X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Framing nailer

Who knows of a framing nailer that will not break the bank and use 2 1/2" to 3 1/2" nails. Will be needing one in a few weeks. Thanks Dick Nelson [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hey Doc,

Check out the Paslode F350S. It is build very solid, not too heavy, no fancy paint to get scratched, and parts are readily available if they are needed. It drives two to three and half inch clipped head nails. The nails are also readily available at Lowes or HD. The Paslode also drives a nail known as a round drive. It is not a round head nail it just looks like one once driven. Helpful for building decks and fences where a round head nail is often preferred. You can find the nail gun at Lowes, HD, Amazon, or most any locally owned fastener retailer. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Gregg

Comment

I have had great luck with the P-C round head framing nailer; it just keeps on going long after I'm beat. I'd be cautious about a clipped head framing nailer, as these are not code legal in all jurisdictions. It would be a bummer to have the inspector make you renail the whole job.

Comment

Thanks Guys. I will need a FULL nail Head to meet the code, Looking at the PC FR350, which by the way is in a "combo kit" withe a 3HP 4 gallon twin tank by PC. Any coments will be VERY WELCOME, Thanks, Dick Nelson

Comment

Mr. Nelson

That combo kit is not a bad deal. If you go with it buy extra air hose and keep the compressor close to the power source. It likes to pop those 15 amp breakers. I forgot you live in Florida (clipped head nails) my fault. It is a shame though because Virginia Tech did a study on the round head verses the clipped head and could find no discernible difference in holding strength. But codes are codes and there is a reason for them. Have fun.

Gregg

Comment

After my wife read through the pages of reviews she said go and get this one, PC combo kit w/ fr350 nail gun. did this this afternoon and getting home and giving the system a "test run" I am VERY impressed. We actually had a conversation while the unit was running and could hear each other, then did a "test run" with the nailer... I am really impresed !! Great job. Can hardly wait to get this "BAD BOY" in the thick of getting of putint my garage extension together.I will let you know how it goes. Dick/

Comment

The PC framing nailer is a great tool. Here are two tips. First, you will find that using the bounce trigger minimizes double taps, while using the sequential trigger with a framer causes them (unlike with brad nailers). Second, try hard to "count your shots" so as to avoid shooting a blank; nothing is harder on the machinery. Lube the gun every day, try not to drop it more than two stories, and it should perform faithfully for a long time.

Comment

Working...
              X