Drawing an elipse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drawing an elipse

Ok. This one will take you back a bit to grade school geometry but here goes.

I plan to build an eliptical top cofee table. I have the goods to join the planks of wood together to form a rectangle. Once I do that, how would I plot or draw an elipse so that I can cut that rectangle into the eliptical shape?

I could just draw half circles on each end of the rectangle but that would make the top have two straight sides vs. a slight curve.

Does anyone know how to plot this shape?

ps - an additional question would be that I have seen plans for curved shapes such as the sides and arms of an adirondack chair. The plans give a small diagram for the curve to plot to size on the actual piece but how do you plot the actual size curved shape?

best way is to make ellipse router jig.
    I will send you instructions

need your e-mail

[This message has been edited by BILLG (edited 02-04-2001).]

Comment

Thanks. Did you send me the instructions? I didnt receive anything.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BILLG:
      best way is to make ellipse router jig.
      I will send you instructions

need your e-mail

[This message has been edited by BILLG (edited 02-04-2001).]
      <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by larliz:
        Thanks. Did you send me the instructions? I didnt receive anything.

You don't have your e-mail listed in your profile. look in my profile for my e-mail address and send me your e-mail address then I will send you instructions for router jig.
        Another way if you just want to draw an ellipse is to put two screws on ends of table close to the edge and two screws in the middle of table close to edge and tie string tight around then run a pencil inside string

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Thanks. I just emailed you from my work email address so you can send me that information.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BILLG:
          <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Working...
          X