X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folding contractor saw blade slips downward

I have moved in the last year and broke out the saw for the first time in nearly a year to finish TV cabinet. After cutting 4 dados, I take measurements and realize the blade slipped down after the 1st cut. I have tightened the screw holding the blade lowering handle and looked around for other sources of the slip but no go. When I set the blade height and turn on the motor I can watch the height adjustment handle winds itself down.

I leave on Thursday for a long trip. Please help I hate to see the one project I start in a year not get done.

Re: Folding contractor saw blade slips downward

what make/model table saw are you using?
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
      what make/model table saw are you using?
      This one.
      https://www.plumbersstock.com/98094?...FcIFRQodhifZdg

It is the 4510 but an older model that looks like the one in this add compared to whats being sold these days. Looks about the same except for the wheel and stand mechanism. I believe the newer model also has a riving knife. When I turn it on the wheeled handle slowly rotates while the blade descends.

Comment

Many saw have way of locking the blade height. Does yours have some kind of knob in the center of the hand wheel? If so, turn it to tighten after you set the height of the blade. I checked online,. and several people seem to be having the same problem. Do you have the manual (or can you get it online: just Google "Ridgid 4510 instruction manual")? It might have the information you need.
        Last edited by Joe Spear; 04-08-2012, 01:36 PM. Reason: more info
        Joe Spear

Comment

Originally posted by Photobug View Post
          This one.
          https://www.plumbersstock.com/98094?...FcIFRQodhifZdg

It is the 4510 but an older model that looks like the one in this add compared to whats being sold these days. Looks about the same except for the wheel and stand mechanism. I believe the newer model also has a riving knife. When I turn it on the wheeled handle slowly rotates while the blade descends.
          Good gosh, did you see the pricing on that site... YIKES!

Comment

Working...
          X