Plans For......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plans For......

I have been through my entire woodworking magazine collection 3X. Somewhere I recall seeing plans for a jig that mounted ones belt sander on it's back and allowed for it's use like a table sander. Does anyone else remember seeing such a thing? If so, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks all
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

I've secured mine in my vise before. Worked pretty well actually.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

I have seen it too, it was in the shop tips section of either wood mag or canadian home workshop. IIRC it was over a year ago. My old craftsman (green 90 series) is really good for that application because it has a large flat top. I have a 1X6 that I pinch on the bench with my wood vice and dogs. On the 1x6 there is a wedge for the handle to fit under and then I use a lever clamp at the back to keep it wedged tight.

Comment

Space,

I think it was in either Popular Woodworking or American Woodworker magazine. Back about a year or two ago.

I made a cradle with a top for my old P-C belt sander and it works great.
        Dimensional Carpentry & Custom Woodworking
        Historic Renovations, Restoration, & Custom Log Homes

I Beat The Competition Hammersdown!

Comment

Re: Plans For......

It seems it would work in one of those Black and Decker Workmate things

Comment

I've got the Ridgid belt sander and I've clamped to my workmate clone with a couple of those fast bar clamps. Works well. The Ridgid sander does have a fairly flat top.
            Dick

Comment

I saw a jig just the other day in a recent magazine.You mounted it on its side and it even adjusted in height (jig). It seemed pretty slick with some effort.
              It may have been wood or american woodworker.If you want me to find it I think I can.I dont belive I tossed magazine.
              I think it was american woodworker.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodywoodchuck View Post
                I saw a jig just the other day in a recent magazine.You mounted it on its side and it even adjusted in height (jig). It seemed pretty slick with some effort.
                It may have been wood or american woodworker.If you want me to find it I think I can.I dont belive I tossed magazine.
                I think it was american woodworker.
                This one was in the most recent issue of American Woodworker.

Comment

American Woodworker, Jan 2008 page 17. No plans, just a couple pictures and some description, but probably enough to figure out your own.

Go
                  Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

I also Invert my belt sander in a vise.

Here is one you might draw ideas from...
                    http://www.woodzone.com/tips/belt_sander_jig.htm
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X