Blade problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade problem

I have a Ridgid portable table saw. Great saw but the blade is stuck on the arbor. I don't want to apply too much pressure to bend the blade or the arbor. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Blade problem

Try gently tapping around the circumference of the blade. It sounds like the blade is hung up on two different threads on the arbor. It shouldn't take much to free it up.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

If that don't work, get a mallet and a piece of hardwood scrap with a taper bevel cut on one end.
      Insert tip of wedge between arbor disc and blade.
      Gently tap with mallet, rotating blade and repositioning wedge, until it comes off.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
        If that don't work, get a mallet and a piece of hardwood scrap with a taper bevel cut on one end.
        Insert tip of wedge between arbor disc and blade.
        Gently tap with mallet, rotating blade and repositioning wedge, until it comes off.

Both of the methods suggested above should do the trick.. It really shouldnt be THAT hard to get off. Best of luck buddy.

Comment

Before I would take a hammer & wedge to my saw I might try some penetrating oil on the arbor & letting it work for day or two, then try tapping close to the arbor. Sure would hate to put a wobble in one of those pricey blades. If this is a on going problem with all or most of your blades, try using a long narrow strip of emery cloth on the arbor shaft with the blade off. It won't take long to take to reduce the arbor size just enough so you won't have deal with this every blade change. Let the motor do the work..It worked like a charm on a Delta table saw I had the same trouble with years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Fourdown View Post
            I have a Ridgid portable table saw. Great saw but the blade is stuck on the arbor. I don't want to apply too much pressure to bend the blade or the arbor. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
            Remove the arbor nut.

Hey, just kidding. The thing is probably snagged on a thread. The guys here have offered suggestions that should work. Once you have the blade off, check the arbor hole to make sure that it does not have an irregularity that tends to make it hang up.

Howard Ferstler

Comment

Working...
            X