Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greyghost----OK---I work in the safety field---If my clients had to learn every bit of safety procedure for direct experience, well---it's called doing it the hard way----And, I'm perfectly capable of reading material and viewing a piece of machinery and making judgements or at least observations. Heck---I never owned a Corvair, but know it was a POS. I really think you're just reaching to defend your own point of view. Never owned a Unisaw, but know I want one----Geeeessssh!
    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by grey44ghost:
      You know, now that you mention it, I drove several Corvairs and I really wanted a Corvair Spyder. Despite what another safety type said about it (called himself a "consumer advocate"), I still wanted one and he was wrong too.
      I owned a Corvair drop/ramp side pickup truck...Wish I still the baby....

Comment

Daveferg I usually can agree with what you say but when you say a Corvair was a POS you have gone to far. Thems fighting words! Loved that car! Next best thing to 4 wheel drive in the winter and all kinds of fun drive fast through the corners in the summer.
        Rev Ed

Comment

This thread is getting entertaining.. lol

This is a woodworking thread or.. reality TV????

Just checkin

=)

Comment

daveferg-guess you answered my question in a real long and swerving and curving way....kinda. We know you detest this saw and find the need to shred some things you perceive as ugly "unprofessional" faults and can state almost collectively we disagree (us real owners that is )
            But my question was and remains this - have you ever used this saw!!?? Don't find that hard to answer as a yes or no, without all the other comments would have been sufficient. And to point. And more importantly to me anyway----honest assessment of your "issues" with the saw.
            Well - now I shall add >>>>>please don't bother as even if it was a Uni or like and one has made so *&$! many negative comments I realize they'd stand by comments regardless. Kinda foolish sounding if no I suppose
            Tried to make peace and offered a dove....angry hawk killed the thing. Sometimes it's not worth the effort to try and make love and not war .....tomahawks overhead. Sound the alarms [img]tongue.gif[/img]
            Wish I had the answers ..... even half of \'em

Comment

oh btw --- I forgot to add the obvious. I did not ask if you bought one daveferg. Rather if only you tried one. Need to clarify this - again

Comment

I liked my Corvair. Now had someone said the Pinto or Vega...
                Oh, but I think consumer advocates might have liked those due to gas mileage. (when they weren't on fire at least)

Comment

Cranky---think you ought to have your meds checked. You continue to ask your stupid questions, when the answer is obvious and, since you obviously need to use everything to know if it's any good, you must have a heck of a collection of tools and other things ranging from total garbage to decent products.

Now, if Corvairs, Pintos, Vegas or Gremlins (take your pick) were so good, why is it that none are still around? As opposed to the Emerson designed table saw, ending with the 3612, which has been around for at least as long as the Corvair-----that is, until some moron decided to drop it in favor of the 3650, with what clearly seem to be quality issues, which no matter how loud you scream and no matter how much you pummel me, will not go away.
                  Dave

Comment

Davidferg
                    \"NowhereMan, are you listenin\', do you know what you\'re missin\', NowhereMan....\" Fab Four

Comment

Davidferg -
                      It seems someone else needs meds
                      And agree that to make an opinion or statement
                      without at least trying out the item lacks all
                      logic associated with common sense.
                      And to continue to ridicule a product that the
                      users like and enjoy only adds to this.
                      Looks like a Nuclear War to me. One with weapons
                      and one without. Any chance you also own
                      some "crappy" weapons in your arsenal? No-of
                      course you don't
                      I love it when it's always just the rest of us
                      Best get to work __ on my 3650
                      \"NowhereMan, are you listenin\', do you know what you\'re missin\', NowhereMan....\" Fab Four

Comment

Originally posted by daveferg:
                        Cranky---think you ought to have your meds checked. You continue to ask your stupid questions, when the answer is obvious and, since you obviously need to use everything to know if it's any good, you must have a heck of a collection of tools and other things ranging from total garbage to decent products.

Now, if Corvairs, Pintos, Vegas or Gremlins (take your pick) were so good, why is it that none are still around? As opposed to the Emerson designed table saw, ending with the 3612, which has been around for at least as long as the Corvair-----that is, until some moron decided to drop it in favor of the 3650, with what clearly seem to be quality issues, which no matter how loud you scream and no matter how much you pummel me, will not go away.
                        Shame on you - you discovered I admittedly have bought some lower end junk! [img]smile.gif[/img] Oh yeas I have. And more than willing to admit it's faults at the APPROPRIATE time if someone asks a question of ACTUAL USERS opinion(s) of that tool. [img]redface.gif[/img]

But I am IMHO wise enough and old enough and maybe just plain "un-opinionated" (?) enough too to realize and know I have zero business making blanket statements ripping a product I have never used. One that it appears nearly every owner likes
                        who's made USE of, and seems all would purchase again.
                        Now to some (one anyway) this seems to be of
                        1)No interest
                        2)No merit
                        3)No creditability
                        4)No anything actually
                        So it continues - the one who has not used and becomes on all boards the "resident" critic of the 3650 remains very gossipy and vocal stating his "opinion" and references all those (?) who have supposedly stated "serious" flaws or issues.....reminds me of bygone days listening to the kids. Yapping and gossiping about things they have no idea about, hearsay and "he-she said", they had no clue but sure had opinions and beliefs. Great thing about youth - they also willing to be open, learn and change opinions after listening to others who were there or had experience in whatever the gossip was.

Never owned a Corvair or others you referenced but knew many who did. Some loved - some hated. All admitted they had biased opinions for this or that reason. Common factor - they actually owned before forming their opinion and becoming vocal about it. Imagine that daveferg!

But I do profess to owning several Auston Healey 3000's, the ones so many hated or loved, the tinker toys if one will. Dang things still with me today. Yep-gotta once in while tinker with something I guess, like you with your Craftsman ts I would imagine too. Funny thing is them 7 things now worth over $200K to some who attempt to buy annually. I'm off-topic here but my point is this - I dang near did not buy even the first one as all owned other brands and said no-no-no, get this one. They never owned or drove an AH so I discounted what they said and did it. I bought one, then more. I tried - I liked. I formed opinion on AH only after I had owned. Kept my mouth shut until I did. I had no basis for saying a dang thing until I had kicked the tires and driven hard. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                        Enough said

Comment

GPeters-what did you end up buying? - if you yet have that is.
                          Seems to be many who like the Rigid - the General - and some like Delta's in this price range.
                          Just received the 2004 Grizzly catalog and like looks of what they have out there too. Evidently it is very new and I'm awaiting opinions from users.
                          \Really drooling over that big 18" BS they have. Makes me look at checkbook balance [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Gpeters great thread. Wonderful responses. These guys know their stuff, I think. I just got a TS3650 after looking at the Delta TS300. I'm a rookie at this sort of thing. I don't push a lot of plywood through my machines. That's why God invented Home Depot. I let them do any 8 or 6
                            foot cuts that may need to be done at $.50 a slice. There is no table saw that can match those vertical saws they have. Once they get the wood down to MY size my little Ridgid eats it up. I may not know what I'm talking about but I like Ridgid, DeWalt, and Mikita. They are good machines for a dumb dumb like me.
                            If a butterfly didn\'t have wings, they\'d call it a butterwalk.

Comment

Working...
                            X