X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table saw adjustments

I have a TS2424 table saw. I believe the heel adjustment is correct and I verified the fence is parallel to the miter slot. But I noticed that as I do a rip cut on a piece of plywood, the blade makes the initial cut cleanly, as I continue to push it through, blade noise drops off as the cut completes but then as it reaches the other blade edge I hear the sound of the blade touching the plywood again. Is this normal or is my heel adjustment really out?

When you next find this problem, carefully check the fence alignment--making sure, as it set for the cut, it's still parallel to the miter slot---if good, the problem's in the blade alignment.

All I can say is that doing a blade alignment on a contractors' saw takes practice, time and more practice.
    Dave

Comment

So are you saying that after the blade touches and cuts the workpiece, I should not hear the blade touch the workpiece again on the back end? My fence appears to be in alignment (parallel to miter slot).

[ 06-03-2002, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: Ivan ]

Comment

If correctly aligned, the back teeth would "just" touch the wood, but shouldn't be so loud that you'd hear it. To check, start your cut and push the wood through so that about 2 inches is past the back of the blade---hold the wood in place and shut down the saw. Try measuring the front and rear of the cuts--also take the wood and place the end of the kurf at the front of the blade and by hand, spin the blade---if the teeth only touch on one side of the kerf, the blade or fence are out of alignment.
        Dave

Comment

I had aligned my fence before and it seemed right on but I wanted to isolate the problem to either the heel adjustment or the fence. So I did two crosscuts on a board using the miter guide on the left and then the right side. The left went smoothly but the right side binded up a little bit on the back end of the blade. Further scrutiny of the heel calibration showed the back end of the blade to be too much to the right. After the re-adjustment, my cuts are improved. I might have to tweak it a little further. Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

As I said---practice There is a lot of good information on alignment techniques---try some of the inexpensive ones before you lay out a lot of money for gauges, etc. If you have the stock fence, check it's alignment often. Good luck and have fun---it's basically a good saw.
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X