Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid R4512 Table Saw w/HF 20% at HD.. YAY!

so, I'm trying to do the same but running into road blocks at Home Depot. I have the 20% coupon from Harbor Freight. Home Depot says they will honor it, but ONLY on items that Harbor Freight offers. So the R4512 doesn't count because it isn't an item that HF sells. Was that the argument they gave you at first? Argh.... Home Depot happily said they would honor it if they did, or match and beat by 10% any other place that sells the R4512. But I haven't found anywhere even close on the price.

The $512 regular price that HD offers the R4512 is a great price to begin with, but now I'm seduced by the prospect of getting it in the low $400s, which would allow me to buy it and the bench dog router table extension too...

Thoughts appreciated.

Comment

Generally, I have found that 10% can be had just for the asking, especially on a $200 or more purchases. Of course they see me in the store a lot, and I've made quite a few purchases over the years in my local store.

I would have to agree with their statement to you regarding the acceptance on matching products with the HF 20% coupon. Even at Harbor Freight, that 20% coupon is only good for some products and is generally not applicable to their larger purchases, like compressors, tool cabinets, etc. Still, the fact that some are able to get thier local HD to accept the 20% coupon is intrigueing and probably well worth the challenge to get that extra $50 (beyond the "asked for" normal 10%).

I suppose much depends on your forcefulness. For me, well it reaches a point where such tanacious effort borders on bulliness, and I don't usually go there for what amounts to $50. (Hey, I'm probably a "wuz" in that respect.) But, I do admire those who manage to carry-it-off, so to speak. My wife is much better at doing that kind of negotiating than I am.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
        But, I do admire those who manage to carry-it-off, so to speak. My wife is much better at doing that kind of negotiating than I am.

CWS
        Here, here. I wuss out of pushing too hard. My wife is the hard nose. Maybe I'll bring her with me. :-)

Comment

bring the wife () and remind HD that they honor competitors' coupons. if they say they'll honor it for like products, remind them that the HF coupon is a genreal 20% off ANY single item. keep pushing until the store says yes. if they don't, call HD CS (800-homedepot)and explain the situation. i've had them call the store and make reluctant managers honor those coupons. good luck.
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Finer,

Unfortunately, the HF 20% coupon is NOT of "any" single item.... read the fine print. (We all need a good magnifier for that! )

While I do agree that you might well find an HF employee that might, or might have, honored that for you on some particular product, it does state quite specifically that it cannot be applied for "tool storage", "compressors", "C-H products" and a few other things. It cannot be used with another coupon (like their sales flyer "coupons"), parking lot and other special sales.

HF puts out a heckuva lot of "20%" coupons and I sure wish they were applicable to "any", but then I have no regrets either. Good store, lots of product, and the service is alwasy friendly and they don't question returns, as long as you have a receipt. Oddly though, I'm getting ready to buy their cheap, but good enough for me, 11-drawer tool cabinet... for which they 20% coupon does NOT apply (Hey, I asked). But, if I should want to buy thier little machine lathe (on sale for $499), I can use the 20% coupon on that and get it for $400)! I found that sort of odd, considering their other exemptions, like I can't get $25 or $30 off a tool cabinet, but I can get a $100 off the lathe!

Oh well, everybody has their rules,

CWS

Comment

I got the HF 20% off the saw a couple months ago. Before i bought the 4512, I went to HF site, searched for table saw, A contractors saw was listed that sells for about $750. I printed out the page then researched it and found it was comparable to a craftsman model. Wrote that on the printout next to the saw. Also wrote on printout that the 4512 was comparable to the craftsman 21833 model.
              HD employees were great. the opened the box so I could check the rails for damage. put it on cart and brought it to the register. Head cashier would not accept the coupon, I gave her the printout and explained to her the HF saw was comparable to craftsman and the 4512 was comparble to craftsman. I was buying a saw today and it was this one, the HF one or Craftsman but I'd prefer the 4512. One of the employee's that was helping me took the coupon and printout to the floor manager and after about 10 minutes came back and gave me the 20% off.
              Mike

Comment

me5260

glad you realized a savings. always pays to be persistent until you hear "no" at least 3 times.

CWS

my point regarding the HF 20% off coupon, in light of the discussion relative to table saws, is that it is not a product specific coupon, unlike many of the other HF coupons. and, at least in my several cases, HD employees have not been reaching for magnifying glasses when reviewing the coupon. in some cases in a particular store, they've even taken an additional 10% off on top of the 20% as they "beat" the competitions' offer. as i stated previously, if you don't ask, they can't say "NO". but they can't say "YES" either.

Comment

Glad to see a few others have been lucky enough to gain this savings. I lucked into the HF 20% off coupon again earlier this year on a Ridgid R29302 combo with the R2901 motor. IIRC it was on clearance for 130.00 or there about plus they gave me the additional 20% off. No issues at checkout and no managers were asked. It was a jolly good time walking out that day as well! I've also been told no on a few other power tools but almost always get the 10% off ifs it 200 or more. I find you can almost always get 5% off on smaller items 50 bucks of more.

I've talked to the store manager as well as a regional supervisor and both said that regardless of what HDs corporate policy is, the store manager can decline a competitor coupon for any reason if they don't want to accept it.

I'd say about 1/2 the time I go in to buy something more than pocket change I'll ask about a discount and I bet 65 to 70% of the time I get something taken off. There is no shame in asking!

Comment

I was able to get this deal Saturday after Thanksgiving. Without this site I would have spent another $100.

Comment

bigdaddy65:
                      That 20% extra off feels good, doesn't it. I really enjoy my R4512 and I'm sure you will too.

Comment

welcome to the forum, bigdaddy65. glad you were able to realize the savings. tools purchased below bust out retail always work better than tools that you overpay for.

Comment

Well I didn't get this good sale price, but do believe it was worth the $499, love this saw and coupled with a good set of Diablo/Frued blades & dado stacks from Frued, this saw is a gem, absolutely love it.

Comment

Awesome deals! When I got mine i put in Diablo blades and switched it over to 220. Love it with 220.

Comment

My neighbor stopped by last week asking which tablesaw I had bought.. he had assisted me taking it down to the basement when I purchased mine with the 20% coupon. He had an old B&D (iirc) TS that finally crapped out and was looking for another but didn't want to spend much. Remembering mine he strolled over to to ask about it. I just happened to have a few 20% and 25% HF coupons so I grinned and we went to HD. We walked in, asked for the manager and presented him with the 25% coupon first and explained that they had taken the HF coupon for me for the same saw. He kinda glared at me, said OK and had a few employees help bring it out and load it in the truck for us. On checkout I used the 20% off on a couple Diablo blades while he got the 25% off the saw.

He walked out paying $374.99 .. a better deal then I got lol!

Side note.. LSA apps are currently being processed for the 3rd week of Sept '13 right now. Bought another R29302 Plunge Router kit in Canada last August. Registered it online but due to the Canadian receipt they emailed me early Oct to send everything in. Called today and verified the canadian receipt is accepted for the LSA program but they haven't processed gotten to mine yet.

Glad to see others have continued to use the Harbor Freight coupons! HDs corp policy to to allow each store manager accept or decline competitors coupons but don't take no right up front. Politely work them a bit and they might give. If not return the next day and see if another manager is working. If that fails try another store.. I have 4 within 45 minutes of where I live.

Comment

Working...
                              X