Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun with the Herc-U-Lift

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fun with the Herc-U-Lift

    Hi All,
    Just assembling my TS3650. I worked on the Herc-U-Lift tonight. I assembled as per instructions and looked at the posts on this site. The problem I'm having is that the wheels don't swivel out of the way when I release the lift (put the saw down). Usually, the rear wheels are still on the floor giving me a little movement. I need to manually kick the rear wheels so that they are front facing. Anyone else have this problem? I tripled check the assembly and all appears fine.

    BTW could someone tell me how to obtain a custom avatar? I need to find an image of Sparty (Michigan State U mascot) to battle BadgerDave and his stinky cheese.

    Thanks
    J

  • #2
    Try putting a little more tension on the spring. Also the connection between the bar and rear leg bracket needs to be very loose. If you could post a photograph it might help to spot any possible problem.

    Comment


    • #3
      I went to my local HD to check out their setup. Same as mine. My bolts are loose. I can lift the saw just fine, move it, then put it back down. Now, when I put it down, the front casters should rotate so that they are facing back, and the back casters should rotate so that they are facing front. The problem is that the casters are not rotating to their proper orientation and are therefore taking some of the weight of the saw. I need to then adjust the casters so that they are not weighted. I'll try to adjust the height of the fixed legs. If that doesn't help, i'll take a picture and post it.
      Thanks
      Jason

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Zootroy:
        I went to my local HD to check out their setup. Same as mine. My bolts are loose. I can lift the saw just fine, move it, then put it back down. Now, when I put it down, the front casters should rotate so that they are facing back, and the back casters should rotate so that they are facing front. The problem is that the casters are not rotating to their proper orientation and are therefore taking some of the weight of the saw. I need to then adjust the casters so that they are not weighted. I'll try to adjust the height of the fixed legs. If that doesn't help, i'll take a picture and post it.
        Thanks
        Jason
        Hey Jason,
        Did you get this fixed? Mine is the same, I have to make the casters go to their loose position. Not a biggie, I don't move the saw often, I just want stuff to do waht it's supposed to.
        Thanks,
        ken
        Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm having the same problem with the herc-u-lift base too. It's confusing how to assemble it, anything you find out on it please let us know, I'm going to play with it some more.

          Comment


          • #6
            I looked at the exploded view that comes with the parts list for the herculift tonight. I had a couple of the screws in the wrong spot, and I loosened a couple as well. Realigned the U-bolt, and spun the wheels all the way up. Works like a champ now, thanks to those who clued me in on the loose bolts.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jalon:
              I looked at the exploded view that comes with the parts list for the herculift tonight. I had a couple of the screws in the wrong spot, and I loosened a couple as well. Realigned the U-bolt, and spun the wheels all the way up. Works like a champ now, thanks to those who clued me in on the loose bolts.
              Was this in the box? I didn't get that. Any chance you could scan it for me?
              Thanks,
              Ken
              Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

              Comment


              • #8
                Here you go Ken,

                TS3650 Exploded View

                if that doesn't work, go to the General woodworking discussion, there's a topic dated 1-11-2005 called TS3650 Exploded View. Herculift was on page 16 I think, but it has all pages. Hope that helps.

                Jalon

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jalon:
                  Here you go Ken,

                  TS3650 Exploded View

                  if that doesn't work, go to the General woodworking discussion, there's a topic dated 1-11-2005 called TS3650 Exploded View. Herculift was on page 16 I think, but it has all pages. Hope that helps.

                  Jalon
                  Thanks a lot, Jalon. I appreciate it.
                  Can I make you a Corian throatplate for your trouble, or send you a piece for you to make one from?
                  Ken
                  Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    That would be great Ken, I don't have a way to cut one out so if you could do that I'd be grateful. Drop me an email and I'll pay for shipping.

                    Thanks,
                    Jalon

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X