Tenryu table saw blades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenryu table saw blades

Has anyone tried any Tenryu table saw blades? Their gold medal series features a thin kerf and standard kerf blade with ATB grind. How does it compare to a Forrest Woodworker II? The Wood Whisperer says the Tenryu is no his "go to" blade since they came out with the full kerf blade recently.

Tenryu: Tenryu America, Inc. - Tenryu Website Products page

Re: Tenryu table saw blades

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
    Has anyone tried any Tenryu table saw blades? Their gold medal series features a thin kerf and standard kerf blade with ATB grind. How does it compare to a Forrest Woodworker II? The Wood Whisperer says the Tenryu is no his "go to" blade since they came out with the full kerf blade recently.

Tenryu: Tenryu America, Inc. - Tenryu Website Products page
    The Tenryu 40T Gold Medal compares very favorably with other top 40T general purp blades like the WWII and Ridge Carbide TS2000....all very nice blades. There's no huge price or performance differences, so the biggest downside for me is that the Gold Medal is made in Japan, while the WWII and TS2000 are made in the USA. Note that Tenryu's Rapid Cut series is made in China. FWIW, the cleanest cutting of any 40T blade I've used to date is the Infinity Super General (made in Italy AFAIK).

Comment

Thanks Hewood for replying. I want to make some end grain cutting boards and I figured, start with the best blade possible to get the best results from a rookie woodworker.

Comment

I don't own a Tenryu blade for my table saw, but have used the GM once for a small project. It seemed to perform as well as my WWII.
        I do own Tenryu for my SCMS and really like them. In fact I'm pretty sure that Tenryu supplies Makita blades for their miter saws. That is the only stock blade that I've ever been impressed with.

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
          Thanks Hewood for replying. I want to make some end grain cutting boards and I figured, start with the best blade possible to get the best results from a rookie woodworker.
          General purpose blades have their place, but are a compromise by design. You'll get even cleaner results with a dedicated specialty high quality higher tooth count blade, whether Infinity, Tenryu, Forrest, Freud, CMT, Ridge Carbide, etc. You'll give up some versatility, but will gain excellence in a specific region if you choose correctly.

Tips for picking saw blades

Comment

Originally posted by hewood View Post
            General purpose blades have their place, but are a compromise by design. You'll get even cleaner results with a dedicated specialty high quality higher tooth count blade, whether Infinity, Tenryu, Forrest, Freud, CMT, Ridge Carbide, etc. You'll give up some versatility, but will gain excellence in a specific region if you choose correctly.

Tips for picking saw blades
            Yes that is true according to the research I've done. Having a dedicated blade for ripping and one for cross cutting gives better results than a compromising 40T general purpose blade. The blades stay sharper longer too, since they share the cutting duties.

Comment

Working...
            X