X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ts3650 and mounting a router

Has anyone mounted a router on their 3650 table? What kind of success have you had? Any suggestions?

I built a table to replace one of the extensions on my 3612 - works great. Used oak for a frame with an 1" MDF table and a replaceable tempered hardboard surface. Built the fence from MDF and the plate for the router from acrylic.

Added bonus was replacing the waffle-iron extension with a solid top, although this doesn't apply to the 3650.

Replacing a wing with a home-made router table is easy to do, inexpensive, and effective. I can send you what my setup looks like if you want.

Brian

Comment

I installed a Craftsman router extension on the right side of the blade. I probably could have done better by building my own, but I actually like what I have ( I am not too hard to please).

John

Comment

If you can post a picture Vile, I'd certainly appreciate it.
        Thanks

Comment

I built a shop made router table, and inserted it in the open space on the right. It works great, and also gives me more table space.

Basically I simply built a wooden frame with a rabbet deep enough to flush a piece of 3/4 melamine board into. then I found nuts that fit into the t-track on the rail-can't remember the exact size-, and attached the frame to the saw bolting it into both rails using the t-track, and bolting it into the right cast iron extension. I bought a router insert from rockler and recessed that into the top. It works great and takes no time to build

Comment

Originally posted by Mashadar:
            I built a shop made router table, and inserted it in the open space on the right. It works great, and also gives me more table space.

Basically I simply built a wooden frame with a rabbet deep enough to flush a piece of 3/4 melamine board into. then I found nuts that fit into the t-track on the rail-can't remember the exact size-, and attached the frame to the saw bolting it into both rails using the t-track, and bolting it into the right cast iron extension. I bought a router insert from rockler and recessed that into the top. It works great and takes no time to build
            Do you have any pics? I would like to see it.

Thanks
            Randy

Comment

Working...
            X