X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to attach a router table to TS2424LS

If I create a router table out of a piece of wood with a hole in the middle for a plunge router, what would be the best way to attach it to the table saw? Is it okay to hang it from the front and rear fence rails or does it need to be attached to the side of the table extensions?

I'm guessing this will be more useful than a Dado blade but comments on that are also welcome.

The table saw extensions don't have holes for mounting so they'd need to be drilled.

Any suggestions?

I just purchased a Rockler router table extension for my TS2424 and was disapointed to find out there were no mounting instructions or hardware. I have an idea of how I might mount this, but any input from the experts would be helpfull.

Comment

If you want to mount your router in a side extension of a table saw, this would most likely have to be part of a larger fence upgrade---for example, when I put on the 50" Biesemeyer, there was an opportunity to build a router table into the side extension, of the new top I built to fill in between the fence rails.

Look at some new saws, with this feature for ideas.

If you're not yet ready to put in a fence upgrade, how about a dedicated router table, the same height as your ts, so it could double as an outfeed or side extension?
      Dave

Comment

An option for you might be the sears router table extension. See...

http://www.ridgid.com/cgi-bin/ultima...=000519#000001
        Every project I start is a gamble.

Comment

Working...
        X