X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSUV set up

I just bought the Ridgid msuv and will set it up tomorrow. Anyone have any tips on the set up? I imagine it will be pretty much straight forward but I thought I'd check with the forum for helpful tips.

Either way I will let you all know the details of how it went (assuming someone is interested ofcourse).
    Are you Rapture ready? Know Jesus Christ or know his enemy!

What's to set up? Just don't put too much air in the tires

Comment

Easy. Takes 5 minutes from unpacking to having it up and ready to go. A great piece of equipment.

Michael

Comment

manhusbandfather,
        I used the supplied mounting bolts on all four corners of the MS 1290 at the pre-drilled hole locations. I mounted the bolts pointing down for safety.
        I discovered that the supplied bolts were too long, and hit against the frame when I attempted to close the saw down, preventing the MSUV from locking down. Shorter bolts did the trick.
        A great piece of equipment, and the best design I've seen on the market.
        If it don\'t fit, force it. If it breaks, \'needed fixin\' anyhow. 8{~

Comment

I just bought the Ridgid MS1290LZ and the MSUV together (I will be getting a free 14.4 cordless Drill this way). I set evertything up in about 30-45 minutes. My only complaint is that with this monster saw on the MSUV, I cannot stand the MSUV vertical. The saw is so heavy, it tips forward and will not stand up straight by itself. Also, because of it tipping over, the hydraulic feature wants to spring the table back up when trying to place it vertically. Is there a lock on the MSUV when it's folded? Am I missing something here?

Comment

Originally posted by Daneaux:
            I just bought the Ridgid MS1290LZ and the MSUV together (I will be getting a free 14.4 cordless Drill this way). I set evertything up in about 30-45 minutes. My only complaint is that with this monster saw on the MSUV, I cannot stand the MSUV vertical. The saw is so heavy, it tips forward and will not stand up straight by itself. Also, because of it tipping over, the hydraulic feature wants to spring the table back up when trying to place it vertically. Is there a lock on the MSUV when it's folded? Am I missing something here?
            I have the MSUV and I cant see how it wont stand vertical. A couple of things that you may have missed.

1. The support for the veticle stand is bolted to the MSUV with only one set of bolts so it can fold down for shipping. Did you install the second set of bolts?

2. There is a lock for the stand when it is folded. See the post above about the bolts being too long. Not an issue on mine though
            -Rob<br /> <a href=\"http://home.comcast.net/~robritch/\" target=\"_blank\">http://home.comcast.net/~robritch/</a> <br />Damn, I hit the wrong nail again. Ouch that hurts

Comment

Originally posted by Daneaux:
              Also, because of it tipping over, the hydraulic feature wants to spring the table back up when trying to place it vertically. Is there a lock on the MSUV when it's folded? Am I missing something here?
              There is a tab under the table that catches the spring-loaded pin that keeps it folded. On the first dispay model I saw at a store, this tab was bent preventing it from catching the pin. The guy in the tool department said it was not the first one he had seen like this, as he went to get a pair of plyers to fix it !!

On mine it was not a problem, but you may want to check and verify that this tab is properly retaining the latch pin on yours !!

I've got an 11-yr. old really heavy cast-iron Craftsman saw mounted on mine, and it is stable in the upright/stored position. HD web site says your saw is 57 lbs, mine is around 70-80 lbs. As others said, you must not have installed the 2nd set of bolts on the foot !!
              Doug

Comment

I just bought the same saw and the m-suv (in order to get the drill) from Home Depot.

I was planning to sell the m-suv - but after seeing some of the comments about it I might reconsider.

Thanks for the information.

This is my first post here.
                All I need is a can of WD-40 and some Duct Tape

Comment

Working...
                X