Sprunger Bandsaw ?????????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprunger Bandsaw ?????????

Has anyone ever heard of a brand name of Sprunger Power Tools?? Can anyone tell me where I can find a dealer or somewhere I can find parts for one. Mine was used when I bought it and it's either repair this one or buy a new one..Thanks for any help....Donny

Donny, I think your out of luck but you might find this interesting:
    http://www.oldwwmachines.com/Sprunger/Default.asp

Your bandsaw is almost as old as I am.

John

Comment

John,
      Is that good or bad? How old do you think my saw might be????????lol

Comment

John,
        Thanks for the information. I know my saw still has the data plate on the side and I do believe it said it was made in Indiana. I guess I have some kind of an antique here. All I know is that it gets used almost everyday. It's a pretty good saw but I still would like a new one.Should I keep this saw and maybe restore it or sell it and get a new one?????.........Donny

Comment

Re: Sprunger Bandsaw ?????????

I am new to this forum. I saw your question about the Sprunger Band Saw. I have a BS1400 14" bandsaw that I have been using for over 35 years. About 8 years ago I had to order a new lower saw guide. I was able to located Sprunger Corporation P.O. Box 1621, Elkhart, IN 46515, telephone then was 219-262-2476. I called them in May of 2000, ordered the part I needed and have been running ever since. Hope this helps.

Comment

Welcome to the group riofton but I think you're about 7 years too late with that info.
            ================================================== ====
            ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
              Welcome to the group riofton but I think you're about 7 years too late with that info.
              Picky, picky, picky! :-)
              Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                Maybe it will help the next person who comes here searching for info on a Sprunger BS14.
                "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
                X