X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS1650 scrollsaw

I got my first scroll saw last night. It was the ridgid model ss1650. I like all it s features and it does not appear to vibrate to badly. I do have some questions? When I first turn it on it is slow to start moving at any speed, is this normal? The biggest concern though is that when it running it sound like it is throwing a rod (best way i can describe it. I checked the underside and it appears to be clear of any items to hit. The noise sound like it coming from the motor housing. Any idea's ?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Billiam:
    I got my first scroll saw last night. It was the ridgid model ss1650. I like all it s features and it does not appear to vibrate to badly. I do have some questions? When I first turn it on it is slow to start moving at any speed, is this normal? The biggest concern though is that when it running it sound like it is throwing a rod (best way i can describe it. I checked the underside and it appears to be clear of any items to hit. The noise sound like it coming from the motor housing. Any idea's ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check the blade tension,mine makes the same noise when the blade is to tight.

Joe

Comment

MW
      Since I posted I found that the magnet in the motor had come loose on one side. Ridgid sent me a new one and so far i really like my saw thanks for the information I will remmeber it , because i know I will sometime over tighten the blades
      Thanks

Comment

Billaim,

Also on plain end blades, if you have the blade set too far down in the block, in other words the tip of the blade is not showing above the block, the arms will knock because they are too far apart. Make sure you have about 1/8" of the blade sticking above (and below for the lower) the block.

Jake

Comment

Working...
        X