Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
TS2400 -- First Saw, Bought Used, Good Deal? What Miter Gauge? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2400 -- First Saw, Bought Used, Good Deal? What Miter Gauge?

I picked up a used TS2400-1 today. I actually thought it was the 4501 but when I got there (45min drive) I discovered it was the TS2400. Great condition but missing the miter gauge and safety guard. I paid $190 for fit, sound like a good deal? Came with a few blades.

My father is a contractor and he tested it and we got the fence and everything square and zeroed. He has a nice Bosch 4100

I'm looking for a good fatherboard set to keep pressure on the fence but also down on the table. What fatherboard mounts into on the fence?

What miter gauge should I look into? I want to be able to make picture frames and mirror frames. I don't have a chop saw yet. The Milescraft Featherboard looks nice. Can this mount to the fence?

What accessories should I look into? Zero clearance insert for blade and dado set?

Thanks for the info.

Re: TS2400 -- First Saw, Bought Used, Good Deal? What Miter Gauge?

Originally posted by psychbiker View Post
    I picked up a used TS2400-1 today. I actually thought it was the 4501 but when I got there (45min drive) I discovered it was the TS2400. Great condition but missing the miter gauge and safety guard. I paid $190 for fit, sound like a good deal? Came with a few blades.

My father is a contractor and he tested it and we got the fence and everything square and zeroed. He has a nice Bosch 4100

I'm looking for a good fatherboard set to keep pressure on the fence but also down on the table. What fatherboard mounts into on the fence?

Fence Featherboard - Rockler Woodworking Tools

What miter gauge should I look into?

Osborne Manufacturing - Precision Woodworking Tools - EB-3 Close-up when i get the time, i'll dump my incra 1000se and buy the osborne.

I want to be able to make picture frames and mirror frames. I don't have a chop saw yet. The Milescraft Featherboard looks nice. Can this mount to the fence?

What accessories should I look into? Zero clearance insert for blade and dado set?

make your own ZCIs. it's easy. here's one how to video:Online Extras - Woodsmith Magazine

Thanks for the info.

hope this helps
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

The Osborne looks good. I should get that since mine didnt come with a miter gauge.

It did not come with a blade guard or splitter. The original piece is about $70 I think. Sharkguard can make one but its $150+ I believe and still requires the original bracket which I dont have. At that point, it doesnt make the saw a deal I think. I paid $190 for it and probably can find a newer 4510 for $250.

I also have a Grr Ripper and splitter coming the next day or so.

Comment

you know I really like the TS2400-1 I got it used at a pawnshop about 5 yrs ago and I used it a lot with no problems at all, then I got me the R4510 and I love it even more
        I think I'm going to sell the TS2400-1 for parts since the circuit board broke down and it's kind of pricey, and since I have the new one I don't need two of them, plus not all the parts are available from RIDGID any more for that specific model.

Comment

Working...
        X